Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
I won't bore you all with the details of the drama of yesterday, and this doesn't really make up for it, but let's just say today was a better day than yesterday.

image32-600x450.jpg

image33-600x450.jpg

No I didn't put that in my pipe and smoke it

image34-600x450.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thats great! A bike ride and a pipe during a break on a nice day is hard to beat.
I rode my bike to work today as usual. Met my son uptown for lunch so got a little extra pedaling in.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Appreciate the little things in life for all its worth fellas. What I would not give to be able to ride a bike to the park or play a round of golf...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It clears your head, distracts from the numbing routine, and actually lets your unconscious work

on problems by not thinking about them consciously. The most productive time I had at my day-job

work place was walking around the campus lake (nice work place). I'd remember all kinds of things

I needed to do, and have projects organized in my head by NOT thinking about them. This workaholic

motif, where people spend twelve hours indoors at their desk or in the cubical is half of what's wrong

with the world. Understanding how to separate yourself from intentional activity is a key to doing well,

and to doing good.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Well said mso ... I've always referred to mountain biking as "Meditation in Motion".
When you have to focus on breathing, navigating and not crashing your conscious mind is

too busy to continue "spinning it's wheels".
Eightywon: I really like that rim figurine ... have to get one of those! lol

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
That's my plan for this summer. Short bike ride, park it, and light up. Makes up for the long horrible winter we've gone through here. Gotta take advantage of it! :wink:

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Nice weather for a bike ride today in Northern California. Thanks for sharing the scenery Eightywon.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
That's a beautiful pipe, as well as the setting. Glad you found some peace today. You've got the right idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.