PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Two tins of RO Series Acadian English and two tins of RO Series VaPer just arrived despite UPS best efforts to not deliver on time.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Opened the VaPer and smoked the first bowl. Intriguing and unlike any VaPer I've smoked before.

Dec 24, 2012
I have 6 tins as well but haven't opened one yet. Anxious to know what you think. Also got 2 tins of the straight virginia.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Just picked mine up. Gold and English. Opened the Gold.Very unusual.Picking a suitable pipe for a test run and plan to take to club meeting Monday for additional input. There will definitely be a review from me on this so I'm not letting the cat out of the bag yet. ;-)

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Russ,

This is a winner. I'm going to have to order some more before it disappears for good. Hopefully there will be some available in October when I can order more.
@jacks6 - The tin note to start with. I get more of a sour cherry or homemade red wine aroma from the open tin. The Perique-process really changes the flavor of the yellow virginia and takes it from a citrusy/fresh hay smell to something close to a good dark roasted malt ale in my opinion.
So far I've only smoked the one bowl but I've just packed another pipe full and getting ready to smoke it after lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.