PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm glad I'm not there. I'd fill up a shopping cart. Can't resist a bare-fisted bargain.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Was that way here in NC not long ago. Grabbed a few things cheap. Walgreens bought pretty much all the Rite-Aid stores on the east coast so of a Walgreens is close by, that store will get closed.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Yep, I didn't catch on that before it was too late. Now all the stores around me are shuttered. Sucks for them too, they literally just built and opened a new Rite Aid not too far away and it's now empty again.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
"I can;'t imagine anything .. being 50 cents in Canada." -- Mike, very seriously for once, every time I see you post it makes me think of how shafted y'all are up there. There's a very great deal I would absolutely love about .ca, but your tobacco tax situation is not one of them. As ever, my most sincere condolences. :(:(:(

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"I can;'t imagine anything .. being 50 cents in Canada." -- Mike, very seriously for once, every time I see you post it makes me think of how shafted y'all are up there. There's a very great deal I would absolutely love about .ca, but your tobacco tax situation is not one of them. As ever, my most sincere condolences. :(:(:(
Thanks Bill. The tax situation, especially on tobacco products is sometimes a bit much. When a 50g tin of anything costs $50, a 50 cent bag of tobacco is simply impossible. I always smile to myself when a US member gripes about price increases at SP, because its incredibly cheaper in the US or anywhere else for that matter. Even getting packages shipped from SP is a dicey affair because of customs.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Walgreens bought roughly 2200 Rite Aid stores and two of the Rite Aid Distribution Centers. Of the 2200 stores, they plan on closing 400 and then convert the remaining stores to Walgreens.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Walgreens has been pretty closed mouth on any of the Walgreens stores that may be closing. They are still wrapping their arms around the purchase and getting stores converted. They are under a timeframe to get the deal completed and all stores cut over.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm amazed at the number of drugstores that are opened and stay open, with pharmacies sprouting at every Walmart and grocery store. I can't quite grasp the demand, but it surely exists, as I may attest every time I wait in line for prescriptions. If drugstores aren't right across the street, they're within a half mile of each other. Presumably pharmacist is a good career field for those inclined, if it remains stable. When I was in school, teaching and journalism were hot career tracks, but by the time I got out of the Navy, and went to grad school, the first thing a wise old professor told me was, plan to do something other than teach. Which was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.