PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Not a fan, but wow. Another one bites the dust.RIP

Just waiting on Carrie Fisher to join the list.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Oh no, gorgeous George has gone! Brought back a lot of memories that has. When I was 'out & about' it seemed like every girl, & I mean every girl I went with, was in love with him!

His music was always playing, either in the car or in the bedroom with the lights out! RIP George you old puff, thanks for the memories!

Am I right in remembering dean Martin passed away Christmas Day as well?

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Sad loss. While not a fan of his lifestyle, I was a huge fan of his Faith album. Saw the tour in 1988 in Atlanta GA. He will be missed

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
valhalla.jpg

Rest well in Valhalla George, and may Odin keep your cup runneth over with mead.
FUCK YOU 2016.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Simong, you memory serves you well. Mr. Martin was among the many who have passed on Christmas Day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Shakespeare died at age 52. People can do a lot in a limited time. John Keats died at 26 if I remember correctly, and was hugely prolific when poetry then was like rock music today. Keats was working class, and for most of his short career, was regarded as a sort of working class pretender to the niceties of literature. Oops.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Wasn't really a fan of his other than an old video he did years ago, but really sad to see all these famous people I've known for years all disappearing so quickly! Has 2016 been a particularly bad year for this? Some of the worst for me this year have been David Bowie, Keith Emerson and Greg Lake. Emerson and Lake were two of the three members of Emerson Lake and Palmer (ELP) that was one of histories greatest original rock power trios as I'm sure most here know.
Emerson took his life with a gun last March due to failing health (he had heart issues I guess he could not live with) and Lake died of cancer very recently.
Greg Lake was one of two of the greatest male vocalists I ever heard, the other being Gino Vannelli in his earlier days. Gino still performs.
It is bad enough to see someone like Michael die so young let alone people younger than me already dead! Making me feel old. Just took a tour of all the people lost this year, so many were great losses that will be sorely missed. And the year is not over yet.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I hope he's finally found peace. I'm a huge fan honestly. Sad to see him go so young

Status
Not open for further replies.