PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Shortly after a heart attack, she was listed under stable condition, but sadly has passed.
Carrie_Fisher_2013.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Most celebrity deaths really don't bother me much. But sometimes a celebrity will pass and I'll feel a bit of loss, maybe even a little sadness. Few touch me as strongly as this one. I truly am saddened by Carrie Fisher's death. The original Star Wars movies were a very big part of my childhood, and I still love them every bit as much as an adult, if not more. The nostalgia of seeing the other actors reprise their younger roles in Star Wars The Force Awakens was wonderful. Han Solo was always my favorite character, but it was Leia's first appearance in that movie that actually gave me goosebumps on my arms. Perhaps she was actually my favorite character and I didn't realize it. I always thought she was most stunning in the scenes on Endor, in Return of the Jedi.
Review_PrincessLeiaInEwokCelebrationOutfitPOTF2FF_stillA.jpg

The world has lost one of its greatest story tellers today. Because that's what she did as an actress, especially in those movies. She didn't just play the part, she told the story of the character. This is one of those times that a celebrity passing truly broke my heart. :(

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Wow. I thought she was getting better. Damn.
Most remember Carrie for her role in Star Wars, but I always liked her character as the jilted wife-to-be of Joliet Jake in the 1980's Blues Brothers where she kept popping up throughout the movie as the mystery woman trying to seek revenge for being jilted at the alter! Jake finally woos her in the sewer system into forgiving him, then leaves her laying in the mud yet again!
Rest in peace, Carrie. Only 60 years old.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Damn! She always reminded me of my grandmother, they looked a lot alike.
May the Force Be with Her!

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Her nun scene in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" always cracks me up.
Never heard of that movie, I'll have to check it out. What a cast of actors! I see even Mark Hamill makes an appearance in it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Akroyd actually saved her life during the filming when she choked and he gave her the Heimlich maneuver.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I didn't want to say it, but "stable" in ICU after 30 minutes of CPR wasn't at all promising. Loved her from the moment I saw her in the theater in 1977. Strong woman and actress. She will be missed.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I wasn't ready for this one. :cry: It's not every day you lose a childhood crush ... especially Princess Leia.

Status
Not open for further replies.