Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
My latest attack of PAD.

banjo
e6f35f534f7a5b4cea0825a2d057b6cb8babb11.jpg

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Nice acquisition! I picked up a tiny little Rimkus pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show last year and really like it.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Banjo...you've got a great set of pipes and that one is another gorgeous piece! I really like that one!

I hope it smokes half as good as it looks! (also,too: a perfect way to display it in one pic.)

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Thanks folks, I've seen several mentions of folks on other forums of how nice their pipes by Victor Rimkus were. All I know about Mr. Rimkus is he is an Electronics Engineer by trade and went through the process most new pipe smokers who begin making pipes he started with restoring and tweaking estates for his own use.
He moved on to kits and quickly found he lacked the proper tools to come out with a pipe he'd be proud to say he made. After purchasing a drill press and other tools of the craft he then sought out better stems and finally material to hand cut stems etc. he lives in NM.

banjo

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
There are two carvers named Rimkus: Victor and Nathan. They are father and son respectiviely. Victor sells his pipes as Rimkus pipes and Nathan sells his as NWR Pipes. They are out of the Albuquerque area. Very nice fellows.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
There are two carvers named Rimkus: Victor and Nathan. They are father and son respectiviely. Victor sells his pipes as Rimkus pipes and Nathan sells his as NWR Pipes. They are out of the Albuquerque area. Very nice fellows.
Yep, they were set up right next to each other at the last West Coast Show seemed like good people. The little Rimkus I picked up, made by dad, got several positive comments as I smoked it later that day while browsing the tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.