Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Taming this beast anyone have strategies for taking this fine powdered white snuff. The nicotine hit is absolutely mind blowing.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I've been trying snuff some, (no nic ratings for Old Mill Artisan Snuff) what have you found that has the strong nic factor?

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
I have never had White Elephant. I'm a Dholakia White kinda guy.

They can be a bit difficult, the fine white snuffs. Matter of fact I have a bullet filled with Dholakia White now while I'm puffing on a bowl of Prince Albert.
@Shanelktown, Have you done the "fill your lungs to capacity and sniff the snuff"?

Try the 'Box Car Method'... hook your index finger and put your thumb up between your middle joint and top joint by tip of finger. Looks like to me the clasps that hook train cars together lol. Place the snuff on thumb nail, sniff. I raise my thumb nail up to my nostril as I do this. It's a nice method.
Ok so whites will fly up your nose rather easily so don't really need to slam it home. It's so fine a little vacuum will get it where it need's to be. I still cough a bit with Dholakia White, but it's so damn good!
Sent ya a PM as to a great Snuff Forum, check it out when you have time.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Thanks a ton and the white elephant will knock you on ur butt with nicotine. I do believe it is similar to the dholokia white from reviews I've seen. Thanks for the info on that I have been just sniffing gingerly with this stuff. It is quite a treat though none the less.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Also I agree the boxcar method does create a nice seal I have been doing that a lot lately with my bullets. I used to sniff straight from the bullets with moister stuff but the drier snuff forget about it lol.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
The Nic in the Dholakia White is nice too. Also I do the same with my bullet, measure a dose out and either BoxCar it or back of hand.
I wish snuff was easier to get in USA, the shipping cost and in my case nearly 3 week wait drives me nuts.
I'll add a tin of White Elephant to my next order. I want to try Dholakia Ganga too.

Would like to try the whole line of Indian snuffs.
@mcitinner1, I hear good things about Old Mill snuffs. What would you recommend?

lonesomepiper

Lurker
Dec 7, 2015
I use another method for taking fine nasal snuff. I only touch it with my finger, or if it is a tap box I put my finger on its opening and tap the box so to allow a very thin layer of snuff to stick to my finger. I then to two different things. Either, just sniff it very lightly as if I was sniffing a Rose to enjoy its fragrance or I just spread it in my lower inner nostril. So, as it is a very very small amount, there is no chance of it getting to my sinus.
I love doing this with Jockey Club.

My 2 cents.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

White Elephant is great. I like to put my tongue up against the top of my mouth (towards the back) and then breath in lightly. I breath more from my chest and the back of my throat so that I don't insufflate too much. It gives me more control and a softer draw into my nostril. I prefer pinching it over a spoon, boxcar, or back of hand. If you like White Elephant then you should try Fubar Wille Pete. It's another white that's a little stronger than White Elephant, but I don't like the scent as much. White Elephant has that great ammonia, natural tobacco, and fish oil kind of thing going on that I really like.
If you like stronger snuffs then you may want to give Viking Dark and/or Thor's Hammer a go? They're pretty similar; nice tobacco leather scent, medium moisture, and medium grind. It's an easy snuff to take with a nice amount of nicotine. If you can find it... NB Madras is my favorite Indian snuff.
If you want to get into the artisans? You need to start with Sir Walter Scotts Lundy Foot. That's good snuff. I also really like Old Mill's Dreamcatcher and Puro Dominicana.
Dholakia makes some good snuffs. I really really like Sparrow and think it's their best, White is good, and I even enjoy Kamal and Ganga. Ganga is one of my favorite florals. It may be the only snuff with frankincense scent in it and the rose goes well with it; it's one of my favorites before bed with it's strong scent and strength. It gives me crazy dreams and stays with me a minute. If you like that animal scent then try the Dholakia black, but I prefer Makla Neffa Ifrikia when I want that animal scent. Toque's Cheese and Bacon gives me that animal scent too. Good stuff in an acquired way.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
I've recently bought a few tins of very fine snuff and have quickly learned that less is better and compared to traditional snuffs, it is much harder to manage in the nose or going in the nose for that matter. I'm down to breathing it in deeply rather than what I call the jam and breath method. I just put a very small amount on my hand and breath it in.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I like Toque Rustica - fine, dry, very strong. Not sure how it compares to WE, but it has become my goto. In fact, if anyone want to trades samples, I'd like to try the WE or DW. Or if anyone just wants a sample - pm me!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I made a Mr. Snuff order this morning of several of the high nicotine blends that MotherNWEUAFB mentioned in the above post. White Elephant 35g / Dholakia Ganga 25g / Fubar Willie Pete 50g / Viking Dark 25g / Viking Thor's Hammer 25g. I also ordered a bunch of 5g plastic snuff boxes with it for anyone who wants to sample these blends. The description of the Willie Pete on the website says it may be the highest nicotine content of all.

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
I've heard a few folks comment about crazy dreams after high snuff usage evenings and I concur - I've had some really odd ones... so much so that I now have a few bumps whenever I wake up during the night to hopefully produce more weirdness.

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I have never tried nasal snuff, but find myself very curious about it. I have looked at the different types of snuff on a website (mr.snuff.com). What is the draw? Is there any aromatic enjoyment derived from taste or smell? How does it compare with smoking a pipe? Which would be a good beginner snuff to try?

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I just use a snuff bullet. As to the draw I like the scent it's very refreshing don't notice a nic hit but then again I stick to torque spanish gem I had a clove one I really liked but don't recall the brand it's been a while since I made a order.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Wow Mother, when do you have time to smoke a pipe?
I went from pipes to snuff, to snus, and back to pipes and snuff. I went through a period of about a year where I only used snuff, tried everything I could get my hands on, and really enjoyed it more than smoking a pipe. I would take snuff all day long from morning to night. I didn't smoke a pipe for nearly two years at one point. I burnt out on both and moved on to snus. I'm now back to about 75% pipes and 25% snuff. I walked away from snus, but still miss Ettan original portions. I like all three, but pipes are number one and will remain so. I lost 120 pounds at one point, sold every pipe I owned at the time, sold a lot of pipe tobacco, and started jogging around 7 miles a day. I then got into snuff and snus, slowly gained weight back and got lazy again, and started buying pipes again early last year. I always have time to smoke a pipe now. I had to go through those periods of transition to figure out really makes me happy.
I made a Mr. Snuff order this morning of several of the high nicotine blends that MotherNWEUAFB mentioned in the above post.
I hope you enjoy them. If you're not used to snuff I would start with small amounts and move up over time. I went from small pinches, to boxcars, to giant heaping spoonfuls. I would have a little here and there in the beginning, and before I knew it I was having marathon sessions that lasted from after dinner to bedtime; taking larger amounts every 10 minutes for hours. Be careful with the whites though; as too much can alter your sense of smell a little, which can in turn affect your tongue, and ability to taste pipe tobaccos. At least, that's how it goes with me. I'll never forget when I got a bullet for the first time, loaded it with Dholakia Sparrow, thought it had a small hit ready and had a take that nearly blew my face off. It was not pleasant. Just remember that some of it is really fine dry strong tobacco. The nicotine hit is nice though. It's immediate, everything kind of goes HD, and then it's a nice slow relaxing come down for about 15 minutes. Everyone's different though.
Which would be a good beginner snuff to try?
A lot of people start with snuffs that are medium grind and medium moisture because they tend to be easier to take. I would give some of the Toques a try because most of them fall into the aforementioned parameters, and they are quality snuffs. Spanish Gem is one of their best in my opinion, but they're all pretty good. You could also try a nice traditional toast; either Wilson of Sharrow's High Irish Toast 22 and/or F&T High Dry Toast. I think every beginner should try a good toast. Toque's toasts are good too. Every beginner needs to try an SP too. Toque's SP Extra is a good place to start. You may want to pick up a tin of Hedges too just to know what a strong menthol is like. It's one of the strongest menthols and a lot of people prefer less menthol, but everyone should try it at least once because it's quality. It used to be prescribed by doctors to clear the sinuses, and it can clear you out; but too much can also stuff you up.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I made my first Mr. Snuff order about a year ago, and got the things in the pics. I tried some of them out but I didn't get into it very much. I made the new order to try out some stronger stuff, and to share them with some like minded folks. I'm also wanting to share the 5g tins in the pics. Six of them have already been mailed to a member. Thanks Mother for all the information.
img_1495-600x400.jpg

img_1493-600x400.jpg

img_1492-600x400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.