PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's been two years since I really took up The Pipe as a hobby. My first purchase was on eBay, a Dunhill 5128 Black Briar with Silver Band. As new pipes were added, this one ended up in the back of the cabinet. Realizing it's been a couple years, this morning I took it out, gave it a very quick polish, and lit her up. I'd forgotten how much I loved this pipe and the way it sits in the hand... just enough of a bend to sit comfortably. This pipe is why Dunhill.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Dunhill brand gives this story a special punch, although I admit, none of my more namey pipes (no Dunhills here) has landed in the back of a drawer. I get back to them, usually fairly often. However, I can relate to this experience. Since I have too many pipes -- as hard to admit as that may be -- I often discover a golden oldie or one that just hasn't been used as often and rediscover its virtues. It's surprising how a great smoker can sometimes drift out of the rotation or just get upstaged by new purchases (new or estate purchases) and then resurface as a champ in its own right. I've traded off a few pipes, and given away a number, but the ones that are left are remarkably good. Any twenty or thirty of them would make an excellent permanent rotation. I try to remember that when I am inclined to buy another. Sometimes I do succeed in shopping at home and finding new and startling qualities in old friends.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Beautiful first pipe! I have yet to smoke a Dunhill, but I'm ever on the look out for a deal on one. One of these days the stars will align, my wife will be blissfully unaware, and I'll buy one! My first pipe was a P@C version of a basket pipe and I still smoke it from time to time.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
My first purchase was on eBay, a Dunhill 5128 Black Briar with Silver Band.
A Dunny for a first pipe! man you jumped in feet first didn't you. Great looking pipe though, get er back in action

:puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.