PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
This was my first "what the hell did I just smoke" blend. I didn't like this at all. It was not the lakeland essence, as I've had others and found them to be pleasant. I think though that the combination of the dark fired and the lakeland gig were too much for me. It was very harsh and I didn't enjoy it from go. I made it a little way into it before I gave it up for loss. I feel ok knowing that I gave it a whirl and then gave it the hurl. This earns the first spot on the do not smoke again list. Consequently if you are interested in trying your own hand at this concoction shoot me a PM I'd be happy to send the rest of my sample on to a new home, I was freely given and now one of you can freely receive.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
This beast has been claimed and will shortly be on its merry way to a new home and pipe.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
It was very harsh and I didn't enjoy it from go. I made it a little way into it before I gave it up for loss.
Can't say I'm familiar with the product, but it sure must have been some awful to give up part way through the first bowl. I would have set it down and tried it again later. Maybe there's a trick to smoking it.
When this happened to me with Sherlock Holmes, I gave up 10 bowls in, and the idea of tossing it still hasn't crossed my mind. I'll let it sit for 6 months and give it a go.
It will be interesting to hear the opinion of the lucky beneficiary!

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
texmex

What was your prep method with this blend?

I've only smoked Dark Flake Scented a few times, but I remember it being pretty heavy on the Nic and the slightly bothersome taste ( not the essence but the fullness of the smoke ). The effects were intensified by drying and rubbing.....

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
My flake was rather dry and I fully rubbed it out. The harshness was crazy. I didn't minde the scent though.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I thought so.

It's not an every day blend or even something I keep on hand. I got the best results by using a small narrow bowl, like a Peterson Belgique or a Group 1 Billiard, and ripping and stuffing a piece of the flake. Once lit (takes some effort) it became somewhat pallatable...

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
This is a love hate blend. I like it and smoke it pretty often, GH is probably my favorite blending house. The only blends I can't do from them are the ropes.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I got a sample a few months ago, maybe four bowls, liked it but wasn't sure that I liked it enough to buy. I haven't had anymore but it hasn't left my mind. I inhale the unscented and have decided that an over-the-top, potently in-your-face, dark, scented tobacco is a good thing. Those that find it harsh perhaps are the same smokers who can only find it harsh. Their palate and a property of the tobacco cohere. But I suspect some of the harshness folks could like it. You see, on this one I am marooned in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.