Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
After getting permission from Kevin and Mr Lee, here is the number for a retort 585-493-9656, it is put together by Mr Lee who is a retired state tropper for SUNA Humane society, they rescue cats and dog, the money which is tax deductible is used to pay the vet bills, the kit is 28$, but a 5 or 10$ donation is appreciated, that is my idea not his, he always puts a little extra in the kits, he runs the place which is on his farm, a kind and generous man. The old cajun

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Is this the same company that was referenced in this video of Cigrmaster's thread on the subject?
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/retort-system

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Sweet. I'll save his number. I'm sure I'll need a retort sooner or later. Looks like pipe cleaning made fun lol.
Thanks for the hook up.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
A retort is just what I need to speed along my estate refurbs! Thank you for the info :)

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
So glad that this info was shared! I spoke with Mr Lee yesterday, a very fine gentleman I think. I'm happy to say that the next batch he makes up will contain a retort for me :lol: I can hardly wait for its arrival. He was curious how a newbie from WV got his contact in and was pleased to hear it had been shared here on PM.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I know there are some cheapresourcful guys on here.
:rofl:
I kind of looked into it but I can't find most any of the items local. And to order the stuff it seems like you're going to have to get enough to make 6 or more. The kit was cheaper, easier, and the money goes to support a great cause. Now, a bunch of you guys call him and order one so he will get the kits made up faster and I can have mine in my eager hands sooner! :)

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I went on a week-long quest for parts to build a retort, no luck, so I'll recommend just ordering one too. I plan on doing so myself soon...

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have one of these retorts, and it gets the crap out of a pipe like you wouldn't believe.
The only thing I don't like about the set is the alcohol lamp. It's basically a lidded plastic cylinder with a bunch of cotton in it and a pipe cleaner for a wick. It works, but the carbon that comes off the wick is insane. You have to wipe off the test tube every few passes to see if your bracer is dirty. I stopped using it and now just use a propane torch as low as it will go. I also use a face shield and leather gloves. I found out the hard way that the test tube gets stupid hot. The face shield is so that I don't drop it and burn my face with boiling alcohol. Don't need any help with my ugly mug. It's never happened and I don't think the rubber stopper will come off the test tube with a small drop, but I don't want to find out.
Other than that trivial thing, I think this kit is great and is an asset to ANY pipe smoker.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'll see if I can get some up this weekend, but for now I'll give the link for the video on youtube mentioned in cigrmaster's post (mentioned above) from a while ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV-blwz7wKE
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.