PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I was refinishing a bent Comoy's, and after applying a saddle tan dye I fumbled around for a match to set the stain. I had applied to much stain and I had a small drip on the bottom of the pipe. When I set the stain it created a dark ring where the drip was. I resanded, but I coudn't remove the ring stain. After the second sanding I used two coats of mahogany stain to hide the mistake. I'll probably be the only one that notices now, but in the picture to the right of the flash is my ring shaped mistake.
comoysoops004_zps09849182.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Oh that's tough! Good on you for noticing and getting on it though. I agree with the thoughts above, the pipe looks good. You've done a nice job addressing the drip. Well done.
-- Pat

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That's too bad, but it actually looks fine. But I know if it were me, I'd see it every time I picked it up! lol! BUT, that's me and I have to live with myself.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It looks OK to me, but I understand your feeling. I have an GBD oom-paul that I restained, but when lit, it left a tiny scorch mark that drives me nuts (I've since learned not to have the stain too dripping wet...)

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
That's too bad, but it actually looks fine. But I know if it were me, I'd see it every time I picked it up! lol! BUT, that's me and I have to live with myself.
That's me, I'll think about when I light up. But I'll learn to live with it as well. I'm glad it doesn't look to glaring to my fellow pipe smokers.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Doesn't stick out at all to my eyes, at any rate if you hold the pipe while smoking it you won't see it...

Status
Not open for further replies.