Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
THATS what I'm talking about. Seems trivial now, but if we had everybody on board one big group like Protect Private Property Rights we might get somewhere. By everybody, I mean Pipemakers (From Grabow to artists), Online Retailers (smokingpipes, p&c, cup o' joes), Pipe Tobacco Producers (C&D, McClellands, MacBarens), Cigar Companies, every tobacco business that ISN'T big tobacco, plus B&M's nationwide, plus bars and restaurants that are getting screwed, plus smokers from all walks of life to support them.

I keep getting told theres nothing we can do about it, that there arent enough pipe smokers to make a difference. I think thats pacifism.

We just need to find the right people to get together and do it.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I think it's a brilliant response; if only we could organize A LOT more bars, restaurants, and other related businesses affected by these ridiculous infringements. I for one will not serve a local lawmaker in my establishment now, and will post signage to that effect.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Kudos to you romeowood!!

What type of business do have?
The post title was inspired by one of your earlier comments lonestar (-;
Another site to keep eyes on for legislation that concerns those who appreciate tobacco is IPCPR, The International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association.

Good place to stay apprised of current tobacco related shenanigans by state as well as in DC.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Well, imagine if hundreds, thousands of businesses made this kind of statement. Airlines, shopping malls and town halls, VEGAS. No legislators served here. Newsworthy, perhaps. A message, for sure. A sentiment that could grow and change people's minds, every customer of every establishment that bans legislators. Pretty soon people will see how they can take back a little of what's been stolen.
I'd love to just back them up against a wall and be done with them, but that's not democracy. And it won't change anyone's mind. Vote them out, hell yes. Peaceable resistance is the only thing proven to effect lasting change; economic resistance is the greatest leverage we have.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Diggin' it! We are getting screwed and not even getting kissed here in Dallas. Of course, if I met certain City officials in town, they'd be getting served a right hook and my next post would be from a smuggled cell phone in County.

Status
Not open for further replies.