PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I have to do it every five years.All you really do is look in a machine,read some letters,name some street signs,and fork over twenty bucks.Still it's a bit nerve racking for us old folks who don't trust big brother.We're always wondering if they will find some way to hassle us.I'm happy to say that all went well and I can drive to the smoke shop for another five years.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Congrats, puffy! I can relate... It's always nerve-wracking for me too since I wear glasses when I'm driving, but have been fortunate enough to keep the restriction off my license. This way, if I am without my glasses for whatever reason and an officer asks for my license, there's no problems...
-Jason

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I always where my contacts so it hasn't been a problem.
Puffy I'm glad you are able to hit those b&ms still.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I'm just gonna get the grandkids to drive me to the B&M when I get too old to drive. As frustrated as I get while driving lately, I may need to rent the space out above the B&M to live so that I don't have to drive anymore. :wink:

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Are you good for next week? I didnt see your email till a few minutes ago. Weekends are but Monday-Thursday I can. Preferably not too late
You truly are an intelligent man Hobie! I love your logic and reasoning ;)
But congratulations puffy! I'm in the same boat as lordnoble. Luckily there's no record of it :)

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Based on the drivers I see on a daily basis, they need to make the test MUCH harder than it is.
Agreed; and quit singling out those above the age of 60 - I think everyone should take an exam every five years...and not just an eye exam, but a full-blown road test. I'm sick of being cut off, tailgated, merged with or crowded by people who can't seem to drive in one lane - all before I make it out of the back alley.

While they are at it, I would also like to see cyclists who use the road licenced and insured. In my city, not a day goes by where you don't hear a news report about a cyclist hit; and more often then not it's because they were breaking the rules of the road, weaving in and out of moving traffic, or blindly entering intersections on a red (often while riding parallel, but not in, a bicycle-dedicated lane) - like 30lbs of composite metals make them gods, above the laws of physics and immune to the effects of two-thousand pounds of steel.
Edit: It took me an hour and a half to commute 10km this morning due to some #@!& trying to beat a train; I'm bitter with Vancouver drivers at the moment.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Idk about other states I just renewed my dl and they gave me a piece of paper with what my dl will look like and is valed as a dl till it arrives in the mail. They said that it was safer and helps avoid id theft. I am not too sure about that one.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I had to renew my lisencr or the first time this week! I don't know about where you live but here they didn't make me do an eye exam I just had to take a new picture and give them their money. As for the bicycle conversation, it's good in theory. Save energy and get in shape, some places do it well, but here in America bicycling is thought of after the roads are built and bicyclest are pretty egotisticle, as are most Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.