PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Throughout high school I spent a lot of time at my best friends house. His grandfather was in his late eighties and lived with them due to his age and poor health. I knew him simply as Mr. Boyd.

He was a very nice old fellow who always greeted me cheerfully as "Pee Wee" (I was a skinny kid growing up).

As I was smoking this morning for some reason I thought of Mr. Boyd and the fact that he was a real pipe smoker.

I remembered that almost every time I came into my friends house I would see Mr. Boyd sitting in his recliner with a smile and quite a smoke cloud hovering over him. He smoked pipes all day every day and then some. As I remember he smoked Prince Albert and maybe Carter Hall. I always liked the smell of the smoke even as a kid who never smoked.

I never talked to Mr Boyd about his pipes or how long he had smoked, but I wish I had. He passed probably 25 years ago. Ill bet he would have had some cool stories to tell.

Here's remembering you Mr. Boyd, a real pipe smoker.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
He seems like an interesting fellow. I like those old codger smokers who just kept the ember barely alight all day long, and looked for it first thing when they rolled out of bed the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.