PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
My grandfather, Chief Petty Officer James F. Marron was at Pearl Harbor during the Japanese attack on Sunday morning, 7 December, 1941.... 71 years ago today. He wasn't injured and was assigned supervision of a crew that was collecting personal effects that were washing ashore in the harbor several days later when other chores were taken care of. They collected clothing, books, even sea bags. One of the items they had in the back of a large flat bottom truck was a beat-up brier pipe. I'll never forget my mom telling me that story. He was later killed at Guam in '43.
315853_10151177882102849_223146082_n.jpg

"USS Arizona Memorial"
Family563.jpg

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I had a Uncle that was at Pearl Harbor he made it home, died in 1968.

oldshacker

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2012
I for one would like to give a special thanks and appreciation for you and all our U.S. Military Men and Women, past and present as well on this web site for all the sacrifices, dedication, and service for this great country of ours. I salute you.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have a flag that was struck over the Arizona for a day, daughter got it for me , she was a crew chief on a gun ship that went to Hawaii, I treasure that flag for what it means. The old cajun

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Not much remembrance in our town, but all of our restaurants had their flags at half-staff. I took my Pap out for dinner, a 93 yr old retired SGM. He wasnt in Pearl but was in Saipan.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
So many do not know what so many others gave. Those that gave should know that we appreciate your gift. Without you, and those before you, we would not be living this good life. We must all fight to preserve it...and that fight is one we as voters must carry on daily. Voting in this age is not only in the voting booth. We must be building toward 2014 to preserve the country that so many fought and many gave the ultimate sacrifice to preserve for us and our children. God bless America.

Status
Not open for further replies.