PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
So, I'll be completely honest and open here. My wife and I are having problems. I'm starting counseling. She doesn't think we have any problems which is part of the problem. However, last night I smoked an aromatic in the house thinking that it would be nice to give people a break. Tonight as I pulled out my pipe for my evening smoke, she told me not to smoke "that crap" I smoked last night. So, per the wife's orders I'm only allowed to smoke English blends in the house. This may make me reconsider my thoughts on this marriage!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Wellllll, if that's the case, Light up a BIG BOWL of Cerberus and see how THAT trips her trigger(The only pipe tobacco I've ever smoked that the wife said "SMELLS LIKE SHIT")She will either love ya or leave ya...

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
wow I didn't think anyone liked the room note of english blends other than smokers themselves.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah. Things will work out the way they're meant to. I'm committed to trying everything I can and divorce as the absolute LAST resort. I was just shocked she liked English blends.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
quincy - You're committed, and that's the best way to be. Listen to roth. Hang in there, and best of luck.
Teddy - God love ya, mate.

Aug 14, 2012
Honestly, I can't stand the smell of cherry or similar blends either. As for wives, many of them are way too pushy and need to be put in their place verbally once in a while.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes, like a broken bone, if you can put it back together, it's stronger than ever.

Romantic balderdash, I suppose, but nonetheless sometimes true.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Good for you for going to counseling. Better than neither of you going. Good luck and God bless

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Been there. Are you happier alone? I am. After 6 years of hellish divorce, my only regret is marrying in the first place. NEVER AGAIN!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
swampmouth, I married late, at age 30, then was a widower at age 54, until I was 64, and remarried a woman

I'd met at age 19. Married is better for me, but the times single were good years (accept for the grief part after

losing my wife). Stay close to family and/or friends. Some of us do best solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.