Recommended Pipes for a Cool, Dry Smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesntweeds

Lurker
Jan 25, 2013
Hello:
I was wondering if there was any particular pipe maker that is known for producing pipes that consistently deliver a cool, dry, easy smoke? I understand that there are likely to be variations, even between identical pipes, but are there any general trends or rules of thumb that can narrow down the field of choices to pipes with these properties?
Thanks and all the best,
Mike

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I don't follow particular pipe makers so I am insure about that, but I do know corn cobs and meers smoke a bit dryer. Also church wardens smoke cooler due to the long steam, so If looks mean nothing to you I would suggest a corncob church warden.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I just realized I didn't give any links to find anything I mentioned lol our sponsors should sell everything I mentioned but personally I would go to http://corncobpipe.com/ and buy there grab bag, 10 cobs for 30 dollars, of course I am a big fan of cobs, some people like them others don't.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I was wondering if there was any particular pipe maker that is known for producing pipes that consistently deliver a cool, dry, easy smoke?
Usually with higher priced pipes you can be assured of a cooler, drier smoke. There are too many to list here, but pipes like Dunhill, or craftsmen like Rad Davis are an example. These pipes can be pricey ($300-1000)
Meerschaums are a good bet for a reasonably priced pipe that offers a cooler, drier smoke. In regards to reasonably priced briar pipe makers that offer a good smoke (maybe not as cool and dry as a Dunhill, but a good pipe), I would look to:
Stanwell, Savinelli, L'Anatra...
I've heard that Brigham pipes are good for a dry smoke, but require a filter to perform well.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the forum. If you have a certain price range in mind, it would be easier to recommend some mfgs.
For lower priced pipes Savinelli, consistently provides a cool and dry smoke, also there are some Tsuges over at smokingpipes.com that people are raving about. If you are looking to spend over 100.00 I would look at Mastro De Paja, Radice, Ascorti, L'Anatra, Winslow Crown and Viking series. I would stay away from Peterson due to their quality control issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.