PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
Im unfamilar with oriental blends but i want to try some and so i thought i would ask you guys which blends you like the most

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Hmmm I do like Wilke #10, Wilke #78, Wilke #534, 3 Oaks Syrian, Bombay Court, SG Balkan Flake. If it has Yenidje and/or Syrian Latakia it's especially tasty to me :)

Aug 1, 2012
Newminster English Oriental is a great tobacco that I tried on the recommendation of a couple site members. It is quite nice and good for an untrained palate like mine.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Pelican if you can find it. It briefly made a reappearance but disappeared again. McClelland Smyrna #1 and Yenidje Supreme are also good ones. Syrian Latakia tends to be a bit more spicy and flavorful in my opinion. Ashton Artesian's Blend is another good one full of Syrian Latakia. Rattray's Red Rapparee is another very oriental forward blend.

Jul 15, 2011
One that I have been enjoying a lot as of late is McClellands Wilderness. Very sophisticated and complex flavor with some Drama and Yenidje (sp?) leaf. Some other good ones are Squadron Leader and Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. GL Pease does some amazing things with Oriental leaf in his Key Largo blend, and 4 Noggins Chipman Hill says it is rich in Orientals too, though I think its a bit more latakia forward than some other blends.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
The whole McClelland Grand Orientals lineup is a great way to differentiate the myriad Orientals out there. Campanile and Orcilla are another couple delights that I cellar.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.