PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I'm taking the family down to where I grew up in about three weeks to where I grew up, St. Mary's GA. I was always the kid that trouble seemed to follow. It has been 8 years since I've been home and will be interesting to see how people react to the pipe smoking EMT; I imagine I won't be what people thought when they imagined how I would turn out. I am really hoping I have time to look for some pipe shops in the area while I'm there. Jacksonville FL will prob be my best bet about 45 mins south. Anyone know of any shops close by?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Good luck grizzly, hope it goes well. IMO, the avg person these days reacts to pipe smoking pretty much as they would if you just stepped off a flying saucer.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
LOL, thanks brian. Really not worried about it, DILLIGAF comes to mind. Just think it will be entertaining.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Grizzly try the "Pipe Store Locator" at the top of the page.

You can plan your itinerary around that.

After-all we pipe smokers have to keep our priorities straight. :D

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
You will hear children saying to their parents "What's that guy got sticking out of his mouth?".

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
The only catch is figuring out how to make it look like a coincident when we pass the shops and I just have to go in. :wink:
Already looked on the locater, looking more for smaller locale shops people might know of.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
People will either say, "That smells amazing!" or call you Grandpa. Or if you're really lucky, grab their own pipe and ask to bum some baccy.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Georgia must be a nice state, particularly to grow up in. Lot of history there.
And yeah if someone has an issue with your pipe smoking, well, they need a hobby of their own.
Hope it all works out all right, grizzly86

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Jacksonville has 3 B&M's. Edwards in san marco. Tobacco cove on baymeadows and san jose. And Tabacco cove on Roosavelt. The rest of the shops in town are RYO or strictly cigars.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I was born in GA at Ft Benning Army Hospital. But lived my whole life in Ohio. Have a safe trip Grizzly.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
If you are coming through atlanta puff n stuff is a great shop or pipe tobacco and they have lots of the eluive stokkebye tobacos

Status
Not open for further replies.