PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I first got into Virginia Flakes back in 01 Astleys no 109 Medium Virginia Flake was one of the ones that made me fall in love with them. It is a mild, sweet, easy smoking blend that never bites. Back last summer I opened a tin from 01 and really enjoyed it, but after that I had recently discovered Astleys no 44 Dark Flake and kind of forgot about the 109. So fast forward to last week when I scored some tins from 07 and now I have been wondering why I forgot about this one. It is different from the 44 in that it is sweeter and has more of a molasses type sweetness( kind of reminds me of Wessex Brigade Campaign) where the 44 is more of a honey sweet. Both are great blends but I really should not have taken a year off from smoking this one because I do enjoy it a great deal.
Anyone else re visit a blend you used to really like and then say to yourself why the heck did I forget about it?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I haven't been back in the hobby long enough Harris. The 109 aged sounds really good though. Glad you got to revisit it!

Status
Not open for further replies.