PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwlinder111

Lurker
Aug 13, 2016
I wrote a post the other night about how I was feeling about my life. I got on and scrolled through the forums and saw it had 57 posts, so I decided to read them. I hadn't had a chance to read everything the other day. And I have been really turned off on this site. Not with everyone but a few people. I know this was not a proper place to seek any help but had no clue where else to turn. I read on the one post about the suicide emergency line which I called and was transferred to the veterans help crisis line. I talked to the man named Keith for about thirty minutes. That night I laid down and prayed everything would get better and placed it in gods hands. I realized I had no control over what what going on and could let it consume me or move on. Well I came to say today I went to my local union and there was a job call so I will be returning to work on Monday. Things can only look up from here. But for now I will sit down pack a bowl of burley and puff on thanks for the people who steered me in the right direction and God bless.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Thanks for the follow up. We were genuinely concerned. You should be proud of your ability to reach out when necessary.
Congratulations on the work call!

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Brother Im sure many hear have gone through some bad times, better or worse than yours, sometime just talking to a stranger can do wonders.
Some hear (myself included) can be cynical at times and may seam harsh while trying to be funny, but Im sure no one wished any harm, but sometimes you need some tough love.
Keep a stiff upper lip and drive on, things seam to work themselves out.
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

jwlinder111

Lurker
Aug 13, 2016
Honestly I think what was most helpful was getting everything off my chest and telling someone ore a group and I didnt feel like I am the only one who's struggled with such things. Once again thanks everyone. They aren't great but better than they were. There's a light. @pagan I think what bothered me most is the people who thought I was just seeking attention that hurt the most.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I have somewhat checkered and traumatic past. I have one suicide attempt under my belt. At the time, it honestly seemed my only way out. Awakening the next day in the er was humiliating. There is absolutely no situation which can't be made worse. Rock bottom is an illusion. It doesn't exist. Having your family called and told of your suicide attempt is brutal. I can't imagine having dedicated your life to raising a son, giving him a life, only to have him decide he didn't want it anymore. After seeing the effect it had on loved ones... the suicide option wasn't an option anymore. I couldn't put them through that for any reason, no matter how rational it might seem at the time. There's a certain amount of comfort in believing you have a back door and a certain amount of claustrophobia in having that back door taken away. I've since settled on the Procrastonators Philosophy. I'll kill myself tomorrow, but not today.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
@pagan I think what bothered me most is the people who thought I was just seeking attention that hurt the most.
or maby they posted to get attention, gota think outside the box, when dealing with difficult people sometime you learn their game and play it back on them.
I hope it is getting better with your daughter, time will heal

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
Without going into details which are not important or necessary, let me just say that I have been where you were many times. Whenever I see or hear about something like this, I think about what I wish someone had told me many years ago. Although some may not think so what I am about to tell you in from the heart. You need to get some professional help if it is nothing more than a one time visit to get the all clear.
To many people think something like this is a one and done deal. Sometimes it is but the majority of the time it is not. Mental issues are like any other kind of health problems. If you had a heart attack you wouldn't say well yeah it happened but I feel better now so I don't need to find out the cause. Just like a heart attack, with mental incidents, saying I never had one before this one so I will never have another is a recipe for disaster.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
@jwlinder111 -
That is awesome news! Keep your head up and know that you are not the only one.
Thanks for updating us and for hanging in there. Keep fighting the good fight!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Good to hear, stay in there man. If I can, you can, believe me. :puffpipe:
Smoke a Pipe and Enjoy the day.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
You did the right thing by reaching out to someone. There may have been those who thought you were just seeking attention, and I say so what. Watching, seeing, reading about, etc., others struggle can be a very uncomfortable; however, it is a part of being in a community with others.
Keep hanging in there. Do not be afraid of seeking professional help (it was the best thing I have ever done). Share with us when you feel the need.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Glad to hear you were able to get in touch with someone that could help out. I've been in some tight spots myself where it looked like there was no way out. Those are trying times to be sure. My prayers are that things continue to move in the right direction for you. Just take it day by day.
As far as those that were nasty when you were going through the worst of it, just remember that they are in even worse shape than you are. Those folks are deeply broken and we should pray that they find some closure to whatever pain they are in that causes them to act out in that manner.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It is thoroughly impolite to restart a thread that a moderator closed, since the mod's purpose was to terminate the conversation. A very highly respected member, roth, with over 15000 posts, got banned for doing just that! It would be disappointing to learn that you did not receive the same treatment for defying a moderator. You show no respect -- no wonder you have a host of personal problems.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
This might be misconstrued, as most of what I say is. No, my name isn't donald trump.

It seems, sometimes, that we are all in the process of committing suicide.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It is thoroughly impolite to restart a thread that a moderator closed
Quite true Cortez, but worth mentioning- I didn't think this forum was an appropriate venue for the subject...and had a few questions on why someone with only a few posts would bring the subject up on a forum.
The topic was actually closed because the back and forth comments were beginning to spiral out of control which would probably do nothing but aggravate a potentially bad situation.
We certainly wish the OP nothing but the best going forward, and with that- I think we've come full circle...

Status
Not open for further replies.