PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
4ANsR0O.jpg

From the website
This RAW pipe is hand made in the Pearl River Valley using a sustainable, un-coated, natural bubinga wood and features our logo laser-etched into the stem. It has been tested to exceed the highest TUV certification. The plastic mouthpiece is fully removable for easy cleaning and comes pre loaded with a Corleone smoking filter to keep it natural. Includes canvas carrying pouch. Pipe with mouthpiece measures approximately. 5.5 inches in length.

Taste Tip: We suggest breaking it in with a bit of honey or pipe sweetener until it becomes your seasoned favorite. To break it in simply means to get the wood accustomed to the heat of glowing tobacco in the bowl. As you gradually build up a carbon layer the pipe will adjust itself. Still, slightly burning the surface of the RAW wood to some extent is natural. To keep this at a minimum, puff and drag carefully and gently during the first dozen fills.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
Too much talk about sustainability and hippy bull without a mention on smoking qualities of the wood.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I don't think I'd even ask to have it taken from the display. Aesthetics suck even if the maker designed the gap. Plus, my doctor wants me to reduce my sugar in-take. Then you throw in the "plastic" bit and a filter... No thanks!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Although severe reactions are quite uncommon, Bubinga has been reported to cause skin irritation and/or skin lesions in some individuals.
Umm....no.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Sounds like a plot by covert anti-tobacco lobbyists ... at any rate, not an attractive pipe.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
They also sell tobacco rolling trays and Cheech & Chong sized rolling papers. All that aside, I'm thinking about buying one of the pipes to take with me while fishing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For tobacco, stick to the tried and tested, like a Savenelli unfinished pipe. This pipe might be fine and dandy for tobacco, but it's hard to tell from the ad copy. Plastic stem and filter? Filter? Uh, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.