PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I read a review of Bagpiper's Dream on tobaccoreviews.com this morning. I happened to drop in to the B&M this afternoon and the owner had just opened a tin of this. Serendipity? Naturally, today is the one day I didn't have my pipe but based on the tin aroma I immediately bought it.

Now sitting in the garage (it is raining) I loaded up my Savory's billiard and fired away.

Bagpiper's Dream is a Va/cavendish blend with a Cognac treatment. The cut is a bit weird as there are long pieces and chopped pieces but it packs without any issue. To start, one char light then one re-light and that's been it for 40 minutes so far.

The sweetness of the Va in nicely balanced with the cavendish the cognac serving as a well placed condiment. Very tasty and ultra-smooth on the tongue. No bite whatsoever. Even two-thirds through the bowl the taste is unchanged and no bitterness.

Sweet on the palate and the room note (or garage note in this case) is extremely pleasant. Reminds me of dessert baking in the kitchen. I think that even non-smokers would be hard pressed to grouse about this one.

One word of caution, it is pricey. My 3.5 oz tin carries a price of $20.50. Luckily, we don't have any tax on pipe tobacco in Pennsylvania.

As an after dinner smoke it is wonderful. As a birthday or Christmas present it would be even better.

Highly recommended.

Reactions: Yadkin1765

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Bagpiper's Dream is a new addition to the Rattray line. The tin art is very cool. Muted tartan background with a bagpiper in the middle. You won't be disappointed.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
When I meet John the other day he had me give this a wiff and wow. I got suckered into buying a can, and I am glad I did. John's review is spot on and yep it is kinda pricey, but well worth it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Wade,

I told you you'd like it. Actually, the store sold out of it last Saturday; so a lot of guys liked it but more is on order. After buying 2 pipes on Saturday I went back Monday and bought a Stanwell Golden. 3 pipes in a week? Fortunately the Mrs. hasn't noticed..........yet.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Hope the Mrs isn't too put off by your new additions. BTW, a great review. Will have to put this one on my TAD list I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.