PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
On March 1, 2011, Reynolds American Inc. announced it had completed the sale of Lane, Limited to Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S (STG) for $205 million in cash, after receiving final anti-trust approval from the Federal Trade Commission.
This from the RJ Reynolds website. I suppose the question for me is: How long will be able to enjoy my 1Q, in it's present form/blend?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Lawrence smokes so much 1-Q, that he has NO stash of it. I think he said he smokes a pound of the stuff every 3 weeks. Makes it hard to build stash when you're always smoking it...
-Jason

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
It would make no sense to change the recipe of existing blends, I doubt they'll do that. What I hope they WILL do is start selling some of our tobaccos in the US and some of yours in Scandinavia. I want to try the famous 1Q and CB

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
A few of our customers (who weren't aware of the sale) have already mentioned that they've noticed a change in some of the Lane tobaccos. From a recent conversation I had, I was told that some modification to the recipes is necessary for sale to the European market. I'm not sure of the accuracy of the statement, but it seems reasonable.
Russ

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
This is good news for pipers. STG is certainly more pipe-centric than RAI. If anything, I wouuld expect the blends we like will be continued and I hope that some of the "lost" blends will be revived. My favorite all-time blend was Lane's Highland. You can bet that I'll be writing to STG regarding the old blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.