PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbennin

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
Dear Brian

I listen to your radio talk show last night. I loved it. This reminds me when Cigar Dave did his first show. He was not sure if it would fly or not. That was 15 years ago and he is national. It would be good if you could tie in a way to allow the listen to call or blog question when you are live on the air. Other then that it was a hit!!!!!!!!

jim Bennington

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Call-ins from the pipe smoking community would be an awesome idea! Not sure if I would be that brave, but great idea anyways.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I especially enjoyed the rant, almost finished the whole show on my drive to work. i got a little bored listening to brians history but i get the point of having it. definitely looking forward to next week show, and will be downloading for my listen on the way to work!

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I listened to the show again on my commute home tonight. I look forward to the coming shows. Wow! It would be great to hear call-ins from some of the guys of this forum. We have some great personalities and lots of knowledge here.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We don't have the infrastructure in place for call-ins at this time, but we are looking to have this feature in the future.
We've already incurred the costs of a sound-studio, hardware, software and a CDN (Content Delivery Network), plus many hours of my time and Brian's. The magic wand I bought off of eBay to just magically make the show happen all by itself didn't work. :nana:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
lankfordjl brings up a good point about call-ins, but perhaps we have interviews with some of the members. Just a thought.
-Jason

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I also enjoyed the show. There are a few minor tweeks I wouldn't mind seeing in the future, but, this is also a first show and, for that, it went quite well! :)

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here's a download link with a little explanation. We have programming on the server that automatically renders a player into the page when it sees an mp3 file. To put the link here, I have to break it with a space.
However, that will make it un-clickable, so you will have to copy / paste the url into your browser, but delete the space after the http:// after you copy it.
Then do "Save Page As", or "Save As", or whatever the equivalent is for the browser you use.
http:// cdn.pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/2012/radio-show/09-2012/01/pipes-magazine-radio-show-01.mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.