PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
You guys are doing it! I can tell by the bar going down the sides of parts of posts! But have no idea how you are doing it. I see no command like I do on other forums. The gray "quote" in the new topic bar doesn't seem to be the solution for I can't get it to do anything. Help!
And, is there no section in the forum that provides assistance with questions like these on forum operations? Searching did not help me.
Thanks!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Copy the text you want to quote, then in the reply box click 'quote' once. Paste the text after the first 'quote', then click 'quote' again. It should look like this...
You guys are doing it!

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Its not as easy as most other forums, but it does make for a cleaner forum. It took me back a little. So simple once you get used to it though.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It only took me about 9 months before I learned how to do that, some of us are mental midgets when it comes to stuff like this, I think age has something to do with it.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Copy the text you want to quote, then in the reply box click 'quote' once. Paste the text after the first 'quote', then click 'quote' again. It should look like this...

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
I am about to SCREAM! I did quote something above awhile back, buy now I cannot get it to work! I left click and hold down to highlight the text I wish to quote, but when I right click to copy - no copy selection available on the list of actions! Someone please enlighten a dummy!

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
That is what I have been doing! Do I hit quote before highlighting? Did it that way and without hitting quote first. Neither way works. When I have highlighted the line I want to select, a box with an up-and-to-the-right arrow comes up; have no idea why. When I right click, no copy command is in the list of functions. Tried another forum with the same problem, but every once in a while I do get a copy command. But not always. Thoroughly confused! Went to ehow, and I know what you said is the correct procedure, but it simply does not work.
Update: the procedure you mentioned works great on Badger & Blade, but refuses to work for me anywhere in Pipesmagazine.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
I am about to SCREAM!
Got it to work (just this once so far). Only thing I did that might have been different was to keep the mouse exactly at the end of what I highlighted when clicking the right button. Hope that this solves my problem! Thanks for the help!

Jan 8, 2013
no you just want to hit quote before you paste it, making sure it is after the
and then after you paste, hit quote again. This time it should show "/quote" in the brackets. if that doesn't work you can always put the quote in manually by typing
and then the message you want copied and then doing it again but with the / before the word quote.
first time followed by second.
remember to put the / just before the q... with the phrase between the two. If i type that here it will show up as a long quote lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.