PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gripsie

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
Hey everyone!
A couple of days ago I rediscovered "Eulenburg's" wonderful reviews over at tobaccoreviews.com. I remember many of them having been really inspiring and fun to read several years ago, and last week again I had a great time browsing and rereading them.
My question now is, since I don't know the American pipe community very well: does anyone know that gentleman, if he's still active here or in any other media pipe related? Tobaccoreviews says he hasn't been active there for two years now, so I was wondering.
Best, Eddy

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have read his reviews since I started going to that site in 2001. I always enjoyed his descriptive prose. I have never seen him on any pipe board.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Always wondered the same thing. We have similar tastes and he has turned me on to quite a few tobaccos I wouldnt have tried otherwise.

gripsie

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
Yeah, his reviews don't shy away from humor and exaggeration. Very refreshing. Dunhill's Royal Yacht was that blend, workman: "This baby has all the flavourful charm and sweet redolence of slightly gangrenous horse meat." Haha.
I love him for this line on Haddo's Delight: "I put this in a Dunhill prince, sat in the balcony, and gave God thanks that, when he created the Manhattan skyline, he also created pipes and Périque."

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Who was that guy who wrote completely over the top reviews, usually quite critical? He seemed to have a few screws loose but was very entertaining none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.