PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I've recently started smoking Falcon and love them except for their bit. Has anyone ever redone a Falcon's bit out of vulcanite or acrylic?

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I've checked around and everyone I have spoken with said they could not do it. The bit is crimped into the frame on the Falcon, so not meant to be removed. If anyone knows of someone who can do this, I would like to know who as well.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Haven't tried that here - but I did hack one up to make a nose warmer. Better balance now...

RKP46c3l.jpg

I have no complaints about the bit, but perhaps I'll rip it apart someday just to have a look see.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I believe Steve Laug did a Grabor Viking on the Reborn Pipes Blog. Doing a Falcon would be the same process. You have to heat and then cut off the original bit.
http://rebornpipes.com/tag/restemming-a-metal-pipe/

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I've modded mine into nosewarmers as well and your right about them having better balance when shorter.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Cut the outer stays, pull the airway tube from the dome, trim stays and tube to new length, reattach dome to tube, epoxy stays.

The tube simply slides into the done, then you can flange the tube out a little with anything hard, the aluminum is quite malleable...

Status
Not open for further replies.