PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I was looking through past sales at a French auction house for another thread to which I,occasionally :wink:, post and found these. I don't think they're art but they are amusing.
53705f0408488.JPG

53705f01da17f.jpg

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
The first one is basically the man asking the woman if the smoke will bother her and in the second, the closest I can tell is the captive is blaming the moon for not caring about his escape or something similar.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
I see them my wife who was French teacher agrees with translation and likes first cartoon. Shel

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Must have been one of those glitches with my confuser. When I came back I can see the images.

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
The first is by Sempe, a well known French illustrator and cartoonist. I have one of his books and they have wonderful little snippets, done in his own style, showing aspects of French life. Great artist and cartoonist, with a real sense of humour and irony. The second picture looks like the work of Goscinny and/or Uderzo, the artists responsible for Asterix the Gaul. I could be mistaken, but there is something very familiar about the style here.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Which goes to show why I love this forum. I learn something new here everyday.

Thanks geo3rge

Status
Not open for further replies.