PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitrsnglocks

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2015
I have dr grAbow bent duke that is a smaller pipe and just about the perfect size. I don't know much about pipe dementions yet but I was wondering are there any pipe about the same small size made by quality pipe makers? Any reccomendations will be greatly appreciated. I love the smaller pipes cuz I like shorter smokes and I enjoy the look of smaller pipes. Pics and link would also be great.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I believe that my Peterson 80s fall into the "smaller pipes" category. It almost fits one (1) cube cut flake, not a pinch more

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Not sure what price range you're looking for but Al Pascia has a large selection of group 1 Dunhill's, all with pics/specs etc. You can't go wrong there.

I may have bought all of them a few years ago, but Savinelli Piumas are great small pipes, usually in the .6" diameter range. But, the smaller diameters don't smoke shorter. It is a diameter to depth ratio. A .6" x 1.2" pipe smokes exactly as long for me as a .8" x 1.6" pipe. I can get over an hour out of my Piumas. If I want a short smoke, I just fill a regular pipe up half way or so. But, the smaller pipes are great for stronger tobaccos, like ropes. And, I prefer them for most of my Virginias and VaPers. The smaller diameter seems to "focus" the flavor for me. YMMV :puffy:

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I have 2 small pipes. I have a Dr. Grabow Lark that I smoke during short walks, mostly when I have to go to the pet store to get cat food. I just stick it the back pocket of my jeans when I'm done. I also have Peterson Standard system 317. The lark smokes better. 317 gurgles a lot. I tend to puff faster with smaller pipes.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
northernneil +1
Sebastien Beo pipes are nice.

Beo1.jpg
Beo2.jpg

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Rattray has their "Blower's Daughter" series, Savinelli has the Petite line, Peterson has tankards, barrels, calabash and Belgique pipes, Ropps, Beo. All quality makers and all hovering around that $100 dollar range.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
If by "quality" you mean "expensive" this might not help you...but I just recently picked up a peterson Belgique that I really like. But I've been surprised to learn exactly what Cosmic said above--it doesn't shorten the smoke as considerably as you'd think. Perhaps it's because the same proportion of tobacco is being burned in either pipe at any given puffing rate--similar to a chemical half-life scenario.
Ok, bad analogy. But you get the idea.

-Josh

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
EA Carey 10 minute is a fantastic pipe, best smoker in my collection, and best of all it is the cheapest pipe I own.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
This is probably more than you want to spend, but every time I visit pipes2smoke Maxim is selling group 2 or 3 Ferndowns for $179.00. Hope this helps!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
This is probably more than you want to spend, but every time I visit pipes2smoke Maxim is selling group 2 or 3 Ferndowns for $179.00

Nice call..... That bark mini bent is sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.