PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
So i arrive home to find the sliding door wide open ... some pure ***** scum have ransacked the place . Now i dont have a whole pile of stuff to begin with and not a whole lot worth taking ... old dvd players , broken laptop and a few harddrives, nothing to major ... however the managed to make off with pretty much everything i enjoy ... fishing gear gone ... the nice bottles of whiskey and brandy gone ... almost all my pipes and tobacco gone ... tools gone. The place is trashed ... even bottles and jars of stuff in the fridge just tossed all over the place . How much of that do u think is covered under insurance ... bugger all . they have no idea how much effort and time went into getting all that crap in the first place on pretty much minimum wage and 72 hour weeks and you know they are not going to even know what the hell they have. I hope the scum get drunk ... drive into a tree, impale themselves on the fish hooks while the tobacco bursts into flames around them and a power drill slowly bores into a knee. Am absolutly pissed off beyond all belief. its going to be a hell of along time before or if i can replace even half of whats gone ... the only small consolation i have is my hackert pipe has not yet arrived so i will have 1 pipe at some point and there is a small boswells order due in a couple weeks and if customs even thinks of charging me tax on it ima ram it down there throats

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
it covers some but not alot ... well not most of the important stuff ... like i said i am a pretty simple guy ... would rather they took my couches than my pipes or tobacco and the things that i actually do to relax ... tools i can replace ... the hours i spent on fishing gear i cannot ... and i dont even know how i am going to try argue tobacco ... and you know they will have no idea what they have ... it will get rolled into some crappy smoke , they will decide its not like cigs and toss it or something else just as retarded

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Sorry to hear about this. Losing the stuff is bad but the emotional hit is worse.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Thieves and a liar., 2 of the biggest pieces of scum bottom feeding whale turds there are. Sorry to hear the bad news,,,but they will get theres in the end, what goes around,comes back around,double.

Aug 1, 2012
Thieves really piss me off, sorry to hear you got hit. So far I've been pretty lucky with only having minor things being stolen but in this world, it's only a matter of time. There's a special place in hell for those who steal I imagine.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
No freaking way!!!! I am sorry that happend to you. At least you weren't home, I recently lost someone when his home was being broken into. Your safe, think of it that way.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
That sucks man! Check Craigslist and any local pawn shops for your fishing gear and pipes. Chances are good that this yahoo is going to try and get some money out of this stuff. If you see anything listed on Craigslist or any items at the local pawn shop be sure to let the police know and hopefully they can contact the guy and get your stuff back and arrest the idiot at the same time.
Good luck replacing your stuff.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Lazy
So sorry to hear this

I know what that feels like having had it happen to me on several occasions, sorry to say.
Luckily you are ok.
My thoughts are with you
Allan

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
i am in NZ and pawn shops are few and far between here , however i know what most likely will happen ... my awesome pipes will be used to smoke weed, my booze well already be drunk and fishing gear on trademe ... altho some of the tools might turn up... i would love to nail em

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about the break in man. I've been robbed 2 times and held at gunpoint 3 times. After my second robbery, I moved to a different complex with better security and bought myself my two pits. Harmless fellas, but intimidating. It's rough rebuilding, and with pipes even a favorite drug store pipe is irreplaceable.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
That's why I am getting myself a big ass bordeux mastiff. Turner and hooch style. I very much have a severe hatred for thieves. I almost killed a kid breaking into my car.

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
Sorry to hear about your loss, I have been through that sort of thing as well.

Wish you a better future with replacements and new acquisitions.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
sorry for you man. i hope things get better for you. you might try to purchase a corn cob pipe, if monies will allow that. i hope those bastards get what they deserve.
mike.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Sounds like kids/teens... Your normal everyday run of the mill burglar/thief won't toss everything, they are interested in the good stuff only, and wont take the time to throw contents of a fridge around. (In and out as fast as possible to avoid being caught or discovered) They probably thought your baccy was some new fangled drug or synthetic weed, and yes, they probably will use your pipes to smoke their dope... Sorry for you brother, hope things start to look up for you and that insurance will at least cover enough to get you some new briars..

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
yeah had a bit of time to calm down and relax a little ... in the grand scheme of things it coulda been alot worse .... its really just old stuff i have anyway that prob coulda used replacing ... losing some booze is not the end of the world i hardly to get to drink it ... i still have a corncob that was in the car and the small ammount of tobacco i have with me .... and the boat rod at the folks and my surfcaster in the car ... the tools are a bit of a pain but everything can be replaced .... some of it will just take a damned long time is all haha ... i would not be expecting many comments about tobaccos from me anytime soon but i will get up and running again soon enough .... and there is tyhe hackert pipe to look forward to , lmao u know thats gonna get the crap smoked out of it. And there is even hope of some justice ... there is only one road into my particular area with all the rich snobs living right at the end and that one road is monitored by three cameras so yeah something usefull might happen.

Cheers for all the comments it help to have a rant and abuse the bastards
anyway cheers for the comments

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
hey lazybugger. if you will pm me, i have pipes that are clean and ready to smoke. i will send you a pipe or two if you want. what kind of tobac do you like? if i have anything close to your liking, i will send it to you. this may help you in the short term.
take care.

mike lyvers.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
really appreciate the offer but i am all the way in New Zealand and while i would love to take you up on the offer i reckon its a bit of an ask, awesome people on this forum

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
hey lazybugger, that`s ok. thats what we do here. you can pm me your address. the pipes i have are all straight pipes, and are ready to smoke. i do not mind sending a pipe or two with some tobac too you. let me know. i hope things get better for you real soon.
mike.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
Thanks again mike its much appreciated and again a damn good bunch of guys here , one of the best things I have done is take up the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.