PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have some of this in a jar. I will have to smoke some of this later today.
FYI, my wife is much more excited about my new Pumpkin Spice shaving soap, than the tobacco.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Actually pumpkin tobacco is quite good. Just take your standard pumpkin and cut it in half. Remove the stringy stuff that is connected to the seeds. Remove the seeds and spread the pumpkin strings out on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and put in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Keep the oven door cracked so the strings dry out. You end up with something that looks like a ribbon cut. Load your favorite pipe and enjoy.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sutliff's Pumpkin Spice is actually a really good aromatic. The major flavor profile is that of pumpkin flavored cheesecake. It has the pumpkin notes with cinnamon and a very rich creamy flavor. I actually have a jar of it in the cellar. Might need to pull that out here in a little while for the fall season.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since I prefer pecan, cherry and apple to pumpkin pie, I might only sample a pumpkin pipe blend at a pipe show, but i draw the line at having pumpkin flavor brewed into my beer. I know a guy who loves pumpkin beer, can't wait for the season. My favorite aro flavors are whiskey, rum, plum, and Peretti's Thanksgiving Day (citrus, anisette, and other fruit, but tobacco forward). I used to like vanilla and caramel, but find now the flavoring upstages the tobacco. My dad used to make pumpkin seed snacks from jack'o'lantern seeds, sprinkling a little starch and salt on the seeds and baking them in the oven until slightly browned, then letting them cool. They kept well and had a nice crunchy nutty flavor.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
Well Sleepy Hollow is what jumps to my mind. But I did read something recently saying Sutliff Pumpkin Spice was a main ingredient. I have no idea the authenticity of that claim however.

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions, I was kind of hoping that there was more out there that I wasn't aware of.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
But I did read something recently saying Sutliff Pumpkin Spice was a main ingredient.
If that's true, it appears that Golden Cavendish and vanilla are added to Pumpkin Spice to get Sleepy Hollow. Not a big difference between the two, but pleasantly noticeable.

weedsnager

Can't Leave
Jun 30, 2015
Nw Indiana
If that's true, it appears that Golden Cavendish and vanilla are added to Pumpkin Spice to get Sleepy Hollow. Not a big difference between the two, but pleasantly noticeable.
You know those are the other ingredients?

Status
Not open for further replies.