PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I've often wondered why the the Writer is so popular, and I've found found myself intrigued and decided, when I saw this Saveninelli Writer (appropriate because I am a writer), with it's swirling ultramarine blue massive tip, to pull the trigger. Don't have it yet, but I'm still puzzled: why is the whale-like shape so popular?
002-033-34601_1.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Give a guy a chance! This may actually be called an "Author," for me two indistinguishable terms.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Huh? Oh, okay, I see it. The big 320 authors. They have a big following as they are supposedly able to open the flavors of complex blends.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
I think it's the appeal of the multitasking abilities: cracking walnuts and the like.
Honestly, I think the Cap'n is correct in regards to those looking for functionality in their pipes, but I've also seen a great deal of Youtubers enjoying them--and advertisement is a powefull thing.
I've noticed masculine designs have been popular lately as well, and the 320 is stout and beefy. Perhaps, also, that it can sit, is portable, and has a large bowl capacity--which makes it convenient.
I wanted one, thinking it would be an ideal comrade when writing; but, personally, I haven't enjoyed the one I bought nearly as much as the 311 [poker] I picked up in December. Personal preference, I suppose.
Maybe I should buy another before I write them off?
I hope you enjoy yours, sir (if and when you've purchased one)! I have to admit, the Oceano series is tempting.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
:clap:
Sparrowhawk, I just love the 320. It is quickly starting to dominate my shelf. You picked up a beautiful one.

Jan 8, 2013
I've got two more on the way that I pulled the trigger on sometime after midnight last night. You'll discover why they're so popular after you light one up. They burn extremely well, and work wonders with the flavors of more complex blends. I was skeptical at first but now I'm a believer.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
The Sav 320s are great for English/Balkans in my opinion. I only own one, but I've bought a couple for my bro-in-law.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I am indeed a real writer, not a phony self published one. In factin all honesty,, articles written as far back as the late seventies have been enjoying a publishing resurgence because of the influence it has on a series of H.P. Lovecraft stories. In honesty, I must confuse that my two first novels were never never completed because I'm too much of a fussbudget, but the third will definitely be completed for the mainsteam press

And gents, that's for the encourgagement about the Author purchase;: I got a Oceano 106 and the Author. I guess that makes me an author to Peterson.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The derivation of most shape names is obscure, but the Author is bent just enough to clench comfortably while typing, while not interfering with the downward viewing angle; the bowl is carried away from the face to keep smoke out of the eyes; and the capacity is large enough to keep you going during extended writing sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.