PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I want to recommend anyone wanting a commission to consider Scott Hudson. The process was smooth and painless. The price-point is an incredible value. I have had my Scott Hudson commission for a few weeks and wanted to give it a go before I posted one way or the other about my conclusions. The fit and finish meet and exceed my expectations. The stain is exactly what I wanted and the pipe itself was exactly what I asked for. Love the Bird's Eye and the grain. I have a large collection of Zulus, but I wanted a stout Zulu/Dublin "on steroids", i.e forward cant, that was not too long, and ready for business with a flake. A pipe intended to smoked outdoors and not set on a mantel. Seriously, he read my mind. The stem is perfect, to my exact request. The draw is as good as it gets in my opinion. So please have a look at the Photo Album of my new Scott Hudson pipe, and please do yourself a favor and have him make your pipe, your way. God Bless Scott Hudson.
http://s62.photobucket.com/user/shpipes/library/20150621-1
http://www.scotthudsonpipes.com/

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a good looking Zulu jack! Enjoy.
I checked out his website and I must say his prices are pretty dang good and his pipes are all great looking as well. Will keep him in mind for sure when the time comes. :puffy:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Scott Hudson's pricing is beyond reasonable. I also like his magnetic stem option. Most of his pipes are under $200 on his site, and a commission is going to be in the low $200s. I paid $210 for mine, total delivered to my door. For sure ordering many more.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I had him make for me a poker, which I've shown here a few times. He does excellent work, and the briar he uses is beautiful.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Maxx, you were the one who introduced me to Scott Hudson. He deserves more recognition so this my attempt to do so.

Thank You for the idea of working with him. Again, his pricing is more than fair.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I asked Scott to make me this reverse calabash earlier this year. I asked him to make me something similar to a Sav 320 with a contrasting stain. Pretty cool pipe...
http://s62.photobucket.com/user/shpipes/library/20150419-1?sort=3&page=1

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Really great prices and good looking pipes. Making a note for when I recover from recent PAD expenditures.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I asked Scott to make me this reverse calabash earlier this year..."
Beautiful. I have examined mine over and over and the fit/finish is excellent plus.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Beautiful work! The perfect style for a man who wants his zulu chunky. His prices are outstanding.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Those are Gorgeous Pipes. Great grain patterns on them, too. Congrats Jack, enjoy her well.

Status
Not open for further replies.