PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not technically adept, it's true. However one of the Forums site functions that has always been easy to use, for me, were Private Messages. I'd click on Private Messages below avatars, and usually I'd get an email message with a link that got me effortlessly to a Private Message to me, to which I could respond. Worked like a charm, for years. I think, on occasion, I also clicked on the Private Message bar in the Forums margin, and it took me to my messages. I'm not getting the Private Messages on email, and when I click in the Forums margin, I get a long list of members' posts, but nothing to/from me. I'm not asking for a tutorial. Those are available. I'm just wondering if there is a glitch in the system for others? Anyone else having Private Message malfunction? I apologize if anyone has sent PM's and not received a response.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I don't have that problem...no body writes, no body calls, and no body gives a flying f**k.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
seacaptain, I didn't get the usual email with a link. And when I click on the Forums margin Private Messages all I get is a long list of your posts. So something isn't working, but maybe it's just me. I have the feeling that my PM's are rattling around in a server somewhere or in the cloud. I really do apologize to the reported seven people who have sent me PM's with nor response.

I don’t get notifications by email anymore at all, PMs or threads that I’ve started and follow. I used to. I have checked my spam folders, junk mail, and everywhere. I just don’t get notifications at all anymore. It is a little bit of a setback, especially if someone asks me a question on a thread I started or PMs me, and I don’t login for a while. I hate leaving people feeling like I am not responding.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Try changing the email address, than change it back to original. Worked for me few weeks ago.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I tried and it worked. How did you access this page?
1smbnp.jpg

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Just thinking, it might have something to do with the browser you're running. I have Firefox and haven't seen any problems.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some good ideas on possible fixes. I'll try some. Isn't it funny, but you feel so much better when it isn't just you. There's some quote about (to paraphrase) Lament not what all must suffer alike.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Make sure you are on the Forum section to edit your profile (and not the PipesMagazine.com profile).

I'll alert Kevin as well, there were some platform issues a few weeks ago that were effecting PM's.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
ssjones, thanks for any help. I am not an astute techie, nor a techie at all, but PM's have worked so smoothly for me in the past. I did get in touch with fish'n'banjo another way, so we're coping.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
From Kevin:
Comcast, AOL, Road Runner, att.net, Yahoo – all still have us blocked.
Whoever has this email: smithXXX@centurylnk.net – has a typo – missing the letter “I”. (I removed the numbers beside smith)
Anybody with emails on those hosts might want to consider using a different email, like Gmail.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sure enough, I'm on rr. I wonder if this is mishap or corporate squabbling. Multiple email providers can present problems; customers check/follow the wrong ones, but I may have to add gmail. Let's see if things get corrected. Again, I apologize to those who PM'ed me and got no answer. I received no notice. Maybe we can work around some other way. The happy news for me is, this isn't my usual Typhoid Mary effect on digital devices and programs. Thank you ssjones and Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.