PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Just curious. What is the price per ounce bulk at your local B&M for your basic Altadis, Lane and Stokkebye Tobaccos?

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
My local states everything they have is there original blend and they don't have any wholesale bulk, but all three jars are actually lane blends. They charge about. 4-5 dollars an ounce.

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
When my local carried much in bulk, Blends like Stokkebye and Gawith were four or five dollars an ounce, while Lane and C&D were a little under 2.50 an ounce. That having been said, I haven't seen a new bulk tobacco in there in some time. They're mostly a cigar shop. Though they are a fantastic cigar shop, and their lounge is great, I wish there was some place more pipe oriented to go locally. One of these weekends I'll make it down to Boswell's and report back.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I don't have a B&M where I live in Ontario CDA. We have a tobacco shop in Kitchener, ON which is about 45mins away. The house blends are all $22.95 for 50g. Tins are about the same if not a little cheaper and none under $19. OTC blends are around 15-17 per 50g pouch. Horrendous prices in Ontario, in fact all across our country.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Ditto for Alberta...about $25 / oz for the cheap stuff. Hence all my purchases are online and b&m's are more or less a thing of the past, being few and far between.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
The B&M closest to me has a great selection and they don't mind telling me who makes the blends and what their names are. The only problem is they want $6.50 an ounce and it's mostly Lane and Stokkebye. There's a place near my work that has a small selection of Lane, Stokkebye and MacBaren in bulk (no tins) but the guy there doesn't know the blends names but he sells his bulk for $4.00 an ounce.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
I also live in Ontario & find prices are just crazy here, way too expensive. I am so thankful for having access to great online retailers such as smokingpipes where I can get some of my favourite tobaccos for around $1.80 an ounce. I can get 16 oz from smokkingpipes for $26.55 here in Ontario I get about 2 oz for about the same price. That is just how ridiculous tobacco prices are here in Canada.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I order ALL my baccy from Rich at 4noggins. With the $25.00 shipping fee, it still only comes to $3.00 per ounce when I order 2 14oz tubs. Way cheaper than $11.00 per ounce or $22.00 per 50g pouch here in Nova Scotia. I have been ordering 2 tubs per month lately. One to smoke and one to stockpile.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
My local pipe store mixes almost all their bulk blends on sight (They carry a few McClelland bulk like 5100 - Red Cake). Besides those, all other pipe tobacco is tinned or pre-bagged. Their own blends are about $3.50 per ounce with tax, though they get cheaper as the amount you buy goes up. I can't recall the amount the McClelland bulk goes for off my head, but I think it's about $4.00 dollars an ounce or more.
All this talk is making me wish it was Friday already so I could head on over.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
The pipe store I've been going to is an independent shop, most of the blends are lane or Stokkebye with a few that he mixes himself. The prices range from $3.50-$4.50, but I think there are a couple blends that are a little more expensive.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
My B&M has some Lane and Stokkebye, but the won't tell me who the maker is. When I ask to smell the tobacco I look at the sticker on the back of the jar and it states the name :mrgreen:
They get anywhere from $3.5 - $5 per ounce. I find it cost effective to just order tins from our sponsors since their tins average $12-$16. I do like going there to support the store though.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I really dont know! English is their second language, and most of the time the price if different. Sometimes high, sometimes very low. I figure it evens out so I dont say anything

Status
Not open for further replies.