PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
I have seen many posts about price in the forums about tobaccos and high costs. I'd just like to make a few of you smile now. Here where I live ( Alberta Canada ) we have one of, if not THE highest tobacco taxed laws in my country. Need an example? Searching out Petersons Holiday Spirit 2013. Online in many places 19 - 21 dollars plus about 8 dollars shipping to me. Talking to a fellow pipe smoker in the States and he thought it was a outlandish price and he could get it for 16 where he lives. Then I told him that the exact same tin here in my city was 76.99 I will spell that... Seventy Six Dollars and Ninety Nine cents, PLUS Tax on top of that.
I am not posting this being rude or anything I live where I live no one's idea but my own. I love my city, province and Country and am very blessed to be here. Yet Great googley moogely! Some 80+ dollars for the same tin others buy for 16 - 21. Hope y'all feel a bit more better now for your prices. lol
Blessings N Stuff ! J

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I've always considered myself lucky to be in the USA, mainly because I don't have to pay Canadian tobacco taxes.

~Ron

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
Yikes Wyfbane! lol Ok Im feeling more lucky now. lol
Yeah I have been looking up sites that are willing to send tobacco to Canada and not add a WOW factor to their shipping. lol So far I have ordered from smokingpipes.com with no issues. Not large orders though only like 5 6 ounces at a time.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Then I told him that the exact same tin here in my city was 76.99 I will spell that... Seventy Six Dollars and Ninety Nine cents, PLUS Tax on top of that.
I feel for you jodaknoguht. Just crazy. It's coming to the U.S. too.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
B+M's up here are disappearing rapidly. I used to buy a tin or a pouch once in awhile to support the local businesses, but I can't justify it any longer. Online only now.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
The prices for tobacco are crazy in Ontario as well, that is why I buy online.

I feel bad for the Tobacconist here, but I cannot justify spending that much money on pipe tobacco

when I can get it much cheaper online from the States.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Six please don't say that, we might know it, but lets not bring it up, please.

~Ron

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
question is, we who live here in the states and those who buy and have it shipped to them, how much longer do we have?
There was quite a lot of discussion on this a few months back. IIRC the tobaccalypse is expected early (maybe Jan 1?) in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.