PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I ordered a Stanwell Brushed Brown acorn today, mostly because I wanted another Stanwell Brushed pipe. My Brushed Black poker smokes every bit as good as any of my other briaars. I also vaguely recall that some folks promote the V shaped bowl as particularly good for flakes, if I'm recalling correctly.
So, the question is, are there any inherent advantages to this shape?

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I have a few Acorn and quasi Acorn/Dublin/Pickaxe derivations and find they perform brilliantly with flakes either folded, crumbled, rubbed out or cubed. Great looking pipe!

banjo

Jul 21, 2015
I have the exact shape, but in red. the Stan 243. I like it alot, and indeed consider it the best pipe for bland or light tobaccos as its funnel shape does concentrate the flavors towards the end. Also having the cone'r bowl really truly lets you get towards that complete burn for the "grey and white" ash at the bottom.
What i do hate about this shape.... its hard to set down, without a pipe stand it has to lay on its side and that just peeves my OCD.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Welcome to the boards, drfrankenstein and thanks for the input. If I were permitted only one pipe shape, I don't know which I would choose but it would have to be a setter.

Status
Not open for further replies.