PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I was lucky enough (I think) to win these off of the Bay last week. While I don't have the tools to polish and refurb yet; I have done my best with soft cloths and 151 for cleaning the stems. I cleaned them a couple of days ago and tried the Charatan last night and the Kaywoodie the night before. So far both smoke great to me. Tonight I'm going to give the Verona a try. I love the look of all of these and especially the colors of the Charatan and the Verona. The smaller size of the Kaywoodie will make it a great travel pipe and also perfect for those quick puff situations.
charatan2-600x337.jpg

charatan1-600x337.jpg

verona-1-600x337.jpg

verona-2-600x337.jpg

kawoodie1-600x337.jpg

I received this one last month and so far it's been a very nice smoker. However, I have no idea who made this. Has anyone seen a meer like this? The top unscrews and it appears to be meer wrapped around wood. I really like the color and design. Just more curious than anything really. Thanks all.
dragonmeer1-600x337.jpg

dragon-meer-2-600x337.jpg

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
The most popular meer-lined pipe manufacturer that I've seen is Kilimanjaro from Tanganyika Co. Although, this doesn't look like any Kilimanjaro that I've seen.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Are you positive the screw in top is meer? I have a similar design, but enameled and painted dragon and thought the pipe to be Japanese and maybe a bone or ivory cap, not meer. I have seen some on the bay and think there is one listed currently.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Are you positive the screw in top is meer? I have a similar design, but enameled and painted dragon and thought the pipe to be Japanese and maybe a bone or ivory cap, not meer. I have seen some on the bay and think there is one listed currently.
Now that's a good question. I thought the coloring was just because it was older. There are also little solid pieces of what I thought were maybe old hardened beeswax that are peeling off but I could be way wrong. I wondered why all of that would be around what appears to be a wood bowl. I'm hoping to get my first official Storient Meer soon so I can compare. Until then, I have this and she does smoke nicely; even if I don't know her origin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.