Tags:  No tags yet. 

Posting pipe pictures on the forum

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by smokedragon
  • Latest reply from bentmike
  1. smokedragon

smokedragon

Login to Send PM

I am new to the site. I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to add pictures onto my posts? I must be missing something. Also this is from my phone or my computer. Can I do it without uploading a picture to a 3rd party site and then linking it?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Can I do it without uploading a picture to a 3rd party site and then linking it?

No. You have to use an image hosting site, I like photobucket. Then put the link here

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. smokedragon

smokedragon

Login to Send PM

Thank you, sir!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. chops

chops

Login to Send PM

You can also load them to your photo album on this site instead of using a third party. There is a step by step here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/instructions-for-posting-pictures

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome smokedragon! Yes we love pipe pics!

I use the photobucket also. Their latest version works great in my experience. One thing I do to save time and effort is set my camera to 400 X 800 image size or thereabouts before I shoot the pics that way I don't have to horse around resizing a larger image to post here in the forums. You can load a pretty giant image to the forum page but they don't look nice hanging off the right side of the page. It takes a little experimenting but you'll figure out how you like to do it.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sailorjeremy, teufelhund, rsuninv, conlejm, anthonyrosenthal74, trailboss, griffonwing, agnosticpipe, coalsmoke, toby67, robertelliott, misterlowercase, tbradsim1, jmill208, instymp, cacooper, northernneil, mcitinner1, sparks, daimyo, soymilkisgood, pitchfork, foggymountain, jessicac