PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I always find it interesting to see what people have posted as there background photo on their computers. Here is a chance to let others see what you see.
Mines not pipe related. Just a big wave.
Untitled.png

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
My OpenSuse desktop, Mono Lake, California. Not that I've been there, but I like the photo. I change desktops every so often to keep it interesting.
//farm8.staticflickr.com/7405/10986250944_42896c55d6.jpg

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
My dad sent me a buch of pictures of the new pup and the first bird shot over him, so, naturally, I had to make one my new background.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
This is the picture that appears on my desktop but not a pic of the desktop itself ...
(Edit) well, THAT didn't work so well, did it ? guess I won't be posting that pic after all ...

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I also change my background all the time. This one's me flying an Erickson S-64E Air-Crane helicopter eastbound about to land at Honolulu International, you can see Honolulu in the background. Forced to use windows and not a real OS for the multitude of games :(
Desktop_zps840ac7c6.jpg

hobie, (assuming you use some form of windows) you'll have to take a screenshot of your desktop by pressing the Print Screen key. Paste it into Paint and save as a JPG. You'll have to upload the image into an online mage hosting site - I use Photobucket because it's free. Once uploaded into Photobucket, click on the image and click the Direct link to save it. In your post, click the IMG button and paste the link you clicked on in Photobucket. It will show up in your preview as an http link starting with img in brackets [], and end with /img in brackets []. Sounds way more complicated than it is. You can't paste an image directly, you have to use an image hosting site.
Here's a shot of me in the Air-Crane flying north about to cross I-30 with the Dallas skyline in the background. you can see Texas Stadium with it's hole in the roof on the left, level with my nose. The scenery was made before Texas Stadium was demolished and Jerry Jones' football palace was built. Awesome helicopter.
2013-11-16_23-7-27-666_zps1034d600.png

@werdna: Nice to see the Goo Ball on a proper OS! You're running kinda hot, aren't you?

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
@werdna: Nice to see the Goo Ball on a proper OS! You're running kinda hot, aren't you?
I'm a Goo Head for sure, love the game. Yeah, it's a bit warm, has been that way since I built the machine six years ago. I've been saying I need to add another fan.
Gee willekers, you have an interesting job. Flying a crane, and in paradise to boot.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I'm a little surprised it took 7 posts to get to the first pipe wallpaper.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
This is me and the family.

Oh ya, as far as pipes go I have a smoking pipe gif as my home screen on my smartphone.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@werdna: I wish. The background is a shot from Flight Simulator 10 (FSX). I'm just completing a trip around the world. I started at my home airport of Grand Prairie Municipal to every state capitol (except Hawaii), then every capitol of every country in the world, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, all the Pacific Islands and over to Honolulu.
I'm flying the Air-Crane because I landed at the wrong airport coming in from Johnson Atoll in my F-111F Aardvark, and it was only a nine mile hop to Honolulu Intl, so I used the slow chopper. Next is a 3:48 hr trip to San Francisco in the Aardvark, up to Ottawa because I forgot Canada, then back down to Grand Prairie, a suburb of Dallas, and I'll have seen the world, in real time. Has taken 390 hours so far.
It's a fun geography lesson, because you Google the town and country you're landing in, pick a hotel, walk around with Google Earth, and read the State Dept's warnings about the country (eg 'All the real taxis are green, it it ain't green, don't get in.' Or 'Don't go the northern border, unless you like landmines.' And 'While there are traffic laws, they are universally ignored, expect a bunch of crazy people driving at night without lights, and watch out for livestock.')
Hey, if it's lasted six years running that warm, I guess you're not going to kill it now. Goo Balls don't make it as hot as some of the 1st Person games I play, and I'm using the extreme low-tech cooling solution of the case side off and a human 13" fan blowing on the GPU :) Lowers the GPU temp 10°C.

Status
Not open for further replies.