PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbc417

Lurker
Oct 2, 2015
Hello, Ive smoked give or take a dozen bowls out of my new Radice and while the bowl has gotten somewhat blackened especially in certain areas, it seems like naked briar. I just started smoking my new Mimmo Provenzano and don't want to do damage to anymore pipes if I'm doing something incorrectly…. Also, I wipe down my bowl after each session with a folded pipe cleaner- but from what I've heard thats the correct thing to do to build cake thats nice and firm and doesn't crumble. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or know if I'm doing something incorrect or if its just a matter of having to smoke more bowls. Thanks for your help!
cake.jpg

cake2.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
You're a number of bowls away from building cake. It was on this forum that I heard the wiping the bowl stuff. I didn't buy into it. Grow the cake and pare it back when too thick. Worked for me with many pipes for 50+ years.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Some bowls cake easier than others. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep smoking it with care and don't wipe it too vigorously with the piep cleaner. Your goal should be to onlt remove any leftover chunks of tobacco from the walls, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.