Pondering a Pipeworks & Wilke TAD, suggestions?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogglor

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2012
Other than cruising TobaccoReviews for some general ideas, which I do anyway, does anyone have any good suggestions for a TAD order from Pipeworks? I'm not big into aromatics and that seems to be their stock in trade. So why am I ordering, then? I dunno. I feel obligated since everyone says Carol's stuff is of such high quality, I can't just let it go untried, can I?
Obviously I'll go for some of their signature 191 aromatic but likely skip the Maple (already have H&H Meat Candy and don't love it) and the Wilke Rumcake (already have Milan's Sunset Rum, which is probably one of the best aromatics I've tasted). What beyond that?

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
I suggest you call Carole and tell her what your likes are, and get her recommendations. By the way, I usually don't smoke aromatics, but I DO enjoy #191!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The only thing I've tried from P&W is their Nut Brown Burley, but I have to say it's one of the smoothest burley blends I've ever smoked. I highly recommend it.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I did a big P&D TAD order a year or so ago.
#191 - Superb Vanilla Aro and I usually greatly dislike aromatics

#524 - Delicious Oriental

#10 - A really light, smooth Latakia mix. Very nice English for all-day.

#78 - Latakia and Perique. Very intense and complex. Really Like it.

High Hat - Like a Nightcap with attitude, like it

Grammercy Park - Pretty much 1Q, not worth it imho.
You can also order custom blends from Carole. Her Yenidje, Xanthi and Basma leaf is extremely nice!

bogglor

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2012
Looks like Nut Brown Burley isn't listed on their site anymore. I'm OK with that because I feel like I've got my cube cut burley bases covered by the 2 oz of Peretti's BPC that I have (which I enjoyed upon first smoke, but it's something I see only working into my rotation occasionally)
I'll probably go with some 191 and 524 for sure. Probably Gramercy Park, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.