PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just by chance, I'm polishing off my tin of Russ O.'s Fire Storm on this Christmas day. Didn't plan it, but looked around for something good. Never jarred this because it was in rotation, and I could tell it wasn't going to linger long. This is a Va/Per with an extra or two that stays interesting down the bowl. I'm smoking it in a Luciano author with a smooth finish, just the right broad and fairly deep bowl that shows off this blend. We've recently received the good news that Russ' blends will be around for a while, so I am especially glad to hear that. If you are Va/Per appreciator and want a treat, and haven't tried this blend, I highly recommend it. I like various of Russ' blends, like Log Cabin, a great Americana blend, and his experimental Balkan M-61, but I think Fire Storm must be one of his master works. It just has that extra "ah" factor that shows off leaf at its best.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I ordered five tins when they first came out and have about a quarter of the first tin left that I've been very slowly working through (too many tins in my rotation). It's a really great blend and fills a unique spot among VAPERs. At this rate the other four tins will last me for quite some time! I highly recommend this blend!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some blends are a treat for a while and then get shouldered over by the next "thing." Fire Storm is pleasing at first, but it continues to satisfy you and surprise you in rotation with other blends. I've been rotating it including with Royal Yacht, and it has that same kind of sustained interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.