PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Heres a thread to pimp your favorite B&M blend. Let us know the blend, what it's like, and how you get it.
I'll start:
My favorite B&M blend is "Battleground", formally a 310 blend that is now produced and sold by The Humidor, in Murfreesboro, TN.
It's a Cavendish-based aromatic with a dash of Latakia and Perique. Some chocolate flavors and a tangy smokiness. Truly one of a kind.
Whatcha got?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
John Patton "Oriental Dusk" is available through 4noggins, and though I know I won't be believed that I tout it for its qualities, and not to make my employer money, I do freely do so.
Every time I smoke it I wonder why I don't smoke more of it. I think there is a difference between the judicious, measured use of Orientals and their above average deployment. OD and Gaslight stand out as examples of the latter. OD is indeed dusky, wonderfully spiced, with a full taste.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My all-time favorite is Nat Sherman 536, a really refined English blend, a real pleasure to smoke. I bought

my first bag in bulk at the store on Manhattan, but it is now available in tins from smokingpipes.com.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
McCranie's "Red Ribbon" and "St. Alban's Best", an English blend with a healthy dose of black stoved Virginias.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Well there's 2 of them and they're basically a hodge podge of what isn't selling.

Jan 8, 2013
Why not..
My local Tinderbox has a house blend they call Waffle House. The smell in the bag is like syrup, you almost want to eat it. It was all I smoked for the first year I was smoking pipes. It can be ordered through the Tinderbox WA website I believe. But, with the shippinh constraints, they may not be able to ship it everywhere.

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
Father Dempsey's Blend & Danny Kaye's blend are both from Kramer's Pipe and Tobacco shop in Beverly Hills, CA. It's the closest proper B&M pipe shop to me, and I do like both blends.

sladeburns

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
Mark at the Golden Leaf in St. Paul, MN threw together his own go-to blend for me and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. He calls it 50/50. 1/2 Red Cake and 1/2 rubbed out Navy flake. Their Shipwreck is also pretty good (darn close to Frogmorton in taste).

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
One of my favorites is Easy Chair, which used to be blended by Mel Feldman, proprietor of The Smoker, Ltd.. It's a very savory blend of Oriental, Latakia, Perique, Virginia, Cavendish and a bit of something else that provides a nicely balanced full flavor profile. It's spicy without bite and while flavorful, provides an agreeable all day smoke.
So when Mel closed up shop, I mourned the loss of one of the few blends that I actually like. Since Russ had revived several of Mel's blends, though not Easy Chair, I wrote to him to ask if he could recommend a replacement. Instead, Russ offered to mix me up a batch. The first batch was spot on so I've ordered myself enough to keep me happy for the foreseeable future. As far as I know, that's the only way to get this blend.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
McCranie's "Red Ribbon" and "St. Alban's Best", an English blend with a healthy dose of black stoved Virginias.
Came in here to post the same thing. Red Ribbon/Flake are well known Virginias. St. Alban's Best is less well known but still great! My wife bought me some for Christmas after going to McCranie's and telling them that I smoked mostly Latakia blends. They suggested it as something a little different than the typical "English" blends. It turned out to be very good!

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Came in here to post the same thing. Red Ribbon/Flake are well known Virginias. St. Alban's Best is less well known but still great! My wife bought me some for Christmas after going to McCranie's and telling them that I smoked mostly Latakia blends. They suggested it as something a little different than the typical "English" blends. It turned out to be very good!
I can't say enough good things about McCranie's. Great blends, great service. I'll go ahead and plug "Old Master" as well - an excellent Burley blend with a lot of natural chocolate notes.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
My local BM is Stag Tobacconist. One of my all time favorite blends is called "All Natural" by Stag. Pure flue cured virginia and it is one tasty blend!

Status
Not open for further replies.