PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
My grandmother told me that my great grandfather smoked plow boy tobacco. I was able to acquire a full and sealed 8 oz tin a few years ago. I've been sitting on it waiting for the right moment to open it. The tin is dated from 1989. Grandma just passed away and it is now time. It seems to me to be a ribbon cut Virginia base. Possibly some Burley. It is raw, sweet, nutty, and sometimes a bit harsh.
If any of you would like to try some, PM me your mailing address but only if you agree to do the following in return:

Say a good, kind prayer for my grandma Marianne, when you smoke this, so that her soul can find peace in heaven
Pictures of the tin and tobacco aren't loading right so I'll try and update the thread with them later today.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
Sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. I hope the plow boy will bring you peace as you remember both of them.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Condolences to you and your family. I haven't hear about Plowboy baccy in a long time, classic OTC, maby you keep it for sentimental smokes as I do with Half and Half (long story)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I am really sorry for the loss of your grandma. I know how wonderful a grandma can be. I wish you peace through your journey of recovery. I grieve weird. I chalk it up to my military time. I will pour 2 fingers of Bushmills and remember her tonight. I will definitely pray for her AND you.
Take care!
Mike

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
sorry to hear, may her best memories stay in heart, and enjoy the baccy, it will bring much comfort.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
click', grandparents are a blessing. I was hugely lucky to know and interact with all four of mine, and what was better, I knew how lucky I was at the time, for some reason. My dad's mom and I were especially close, and I spent whole weeks during the summer with her; she had a sharp, dry wit, and she would plan an outing for us every other day or so, and taught me a lot about family and other history. My mom's dad and I were also quite close. He was a somewhat uncontrolled person with a fierce temper, but for me, he was always loving and supportive. He'd quote me to his adult friends as if I were a young sage. The other two were less accessible, but still fascinating and talented people, role models too. They can teach kids how to live in old age, and what the benefits of that might be, in a society that tends to dismiss older people. The idea of disparaging elders strikes me as absurd. So here's to your grandmother and all grandparents who have great powers to enrich our lives, while they are alive and for the rest of our lives, and beyond.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Thank you everyone! We buried her on Monday and I am now just catching up with my normal day to day duties!
Anyone that wants to try some Plow Boy, please PM me. I have 8 oz of it and it'll take me decades to get through!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I don't know how I missed this thread. So sorry to hear about your loss brother. My condolences to you and your family. In my country we say, let her place be heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.