PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I never knew that Basa fish was catfish.
After seeing this video I would never buy it as I don't like anything that comes from polluted waters in Vietnam or China or Bangladesh. You can now cross catfish (BASA fish) off your menu... Just look for the "Made in Vietnam label".
Most of the Asian markets and restaurants use these fish from the Mekong river! This may also be the steamed white fish fillet they serve in many Chinese restaurants.
Click to watch
http://www.vimeo.com/11817894

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
They are trying to stop people from watching this video, it's about the catfich from nam coming to the USA and other places around the world were they are sending these fish do not eat them. i wish i could make this video play.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I never knew that Basa fish was catfish.
After seeing this video I would never buy it as I don't like anything that comes from polluted waters in Vietnam or China or Bangladesh. You can now cross catfish (BASA fish) off your menu... Just look for the "Made in Vietnam label".
Most of the Asian markets and restaurants use these fish from the Mekong river! This may also be the steamed white fish fillet they serve in many Chinese restaurants.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Cajuns usually catch their own fish or get it from friends and family . I don't think a Cajun resteraunt in my area would buy a imported fish .

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I was in Louisiana on a biz trip and had blacked catfish (against my wishes) and it was freaking amazing....

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Thanks for the warning, but as Cajundad stated we buy local fish, if you ever had a catfish courtbullion on an open fire at the hunting camp you"ve never would think Catfish could taste so good. The old cajun :clap:

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
We only buy fish caught in NC, after that USA & no farm raised anything. I fish, catch & release then spend $18.00+ a pound in a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.