PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
This is a slow time of year for me. So I have more time to ponder the more difficult questions of life. Ok here is my latest contemplation.
Xmas time is approaching and I know I’m gonna receive a fruitcake as a gift. I hate fruitcake.
Where does fruitcake come from? Does anyone ever eat the stuff? I would like to know where fruitcake is made. I have never seen a fruitcake factory. Nor have I ever met a fruitcake maker. Is there really fruit in fruitcake? If so, then why does fruitcake look like last weeks meatloaf? It seems as though people are giving fruitcake away and that no one is eating any. I think people are passing the same fruitcakes back and forth as gifts.
I believe the few fruitcakes that exist today have been around since the Victorian period.
Also, why do people say “thank you” when they receive a fruitcake? They know they are not going to eat it. As soon as they get the fruitcake, they already have in mind who is going to receive that fruitcake as a gift from them.
And if a fruitcake is a good thing, then why do we call people who are not the sharpest tool in the shed, fruitcakes?
If I have offended fruitcake lovers, then please PM me with your address and I will gladly send you the fruitcake I know I will receive.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
I love fruitcake and used to bake them myself. I got my love of fruitcake from my paternal grandmother. She was German and always had fruitcake around so maybe it's a German thing, I don't know. I buy an armload of them when they go on sale after Christmas and freeze them so I can enjoy them all year.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Ok, so I'm outnumbered. What a bunch of fruitcakes? lol
boilermakerandy, you are the first fruitcake maker I have ever heard of.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Ditto. My Mom is getting forgetful. I hope she doesn't forget how much I love fruitcake.

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Respect the fruitcake, lovely stuff.

Way better than tasteless sponge covered in that coloured sugar paste icing.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Frank, fruitcakes are made in the Door Stop Factory. :lol: I hate fruitcake too. :wink:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Frank, add me to the list of people who don't like fruitcake! Never understood it, as it has some kind of candied fruit in it. Now that I'm diabetic, I have no use for it at all. Sorry fruitcake lovers, I'd rather have an Italian cured salami. :mrgreen:

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
American fruitcakes are quite different than English fruitcakes. English fruitcakes are more cakey, (I know, cakey is not a word.) Try a chocolate English fruitcake and you might find you do not hate all fruitcakes.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Maybe you should try a real fruitcake,they are amazing....holy christ.

So good you may accidentally bite your own mouth.
Somebody post a pic of a good one....im incapable.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Dear Lord, I love fruitcake as much as a pumpkin roll. Already eaten two since the day after Thanksgiving!

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
Claxton Fruitcake Company in Claxton Georia Lthe fruitcake capitol of the world. Best Fruitcake ever. I am sorry it displeases you so.

Status
Not open for further replies.