PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I'd like some help with my first big TAD purchase. Being a fairly new smoker, I haven't experienced a great variety of tobacco's yet, and would like some help putting together a small list of things to add to my next P&C order to help me get some good variety. Following is a small list of tobacco's I've smoked and my thoughts.
Captain black (white): Great smell, slight bite, strong lingering aftertaste which I did not care for

Lane 1Q: Similar to captain black, slightly better taste both during and after smoke

JFH Longbottom Leaf: Moderately good, similar experience to CBW and 1Q

JFH Old Toby: Bit me hard, I did not enjoy this one

JFH Shortcut to mushrooms: I loved this, I plan to make regular purchases of this blend so that I always have it on hand.

Stonehaven: I have this aging...it'll be a while before I smoke it though.

Frog Morton: I've been promised a tin of this, but have not yet gotten to smoke it.
It seems as though aro's give me some bite problems and I think it may be best to avoid them. Right now my P&C shopping cart has GLP Barbary coast, NYCPC Hell's Kitchen, and Seattle Pipe Club's Plum Pudding. I'm open to any suggestions that may help me round out the selection.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
If you are ordering from C&P, they have Cerberus either in sample (you get a tote bag, a pair of slippers, some pipe cleaners, and the sample of Cerberus) for around 8 bucks, and then they have the 2 oz tin of Cerberus for around 10 bucks. Smoking it right now and its pretty good. Hearth and Home is also on sale in a wide range of tastes, I stocked up earlier last week on ten to midnight in the 8 ounce cans.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
If you are ordering from C&P, they have Cerberus
Just to be clear, I think the OP and beewrangler2 mean P&C (pipesandcigars.com), not C&P. Pipesandcigars.com is a VERY well respected site sponsor. I would not want them to be confused with another site with a similar web address that is not a site sponsor.....
As regular members of this great forum I would recommend that we support our site sponsors as much as possible as they are the ones paying the bills!!! :puffy:

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I do in fact mean Pipes and Cigars . For TAD at least I think they are my best option as they seem to have about as large a variety of tobacco as can be found in one place. Shipping seems to take a bit longer than other places I've bought from, but it's worth the wait. My typo has been adjusted :)
Edit: Pipesandcigars.com are the ones with the "chicago swag bag" complete with tote, slippers, pipe cleaners, and cerberus sample. It's been added to my shopping cart.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Yeah, P&C is awesome. I got my first big TAD from them a few weeks ago, and their customer service was the best I have had anywhere in a long time. They answered the first email I sent within an hour and the second five minutes after I sent. I will definitely be using them again.
Cerberus was one of the tins I got and it is very good. I would also recommend trying AJ's VaPer and Virginia Spice by them as well.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Added. I think that should give me enough to work with for a while (since I only smoke on Fridays)...however don't stop making recommendations This order won't be placed for several more days.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I am very fond of Larry's Blend from the H&H series. I have done business with them several times, and they are a-ok with me. :puffy:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
G.l. Pease Sextant, Cerberus, and Edgeworth Ready Rub bulk. I like McClellands Ble Mountain a little more than Black House. And Penzance if you can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.