Tags:  No tags yet. 

Placed My First 4Noggins Order. Woohoo!

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vespertillio
  • Latest reply from nsfisher
  1. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

I've been buying a tin here and there the past few months locally but I decided to finally make a bulk online order. I know a lot of folks here like 4Noggins so I bit the bullet and did it:

1 Cornell & Diehl DaVINCI 2oz.

1 Cornell & Diehl MISSISSIPPI MUD 2oz.

2 Dunhill: NIGHTCAP 50g

1 Dunhill: ROYAL YACHT 50g

1 Samuel Gawith 1792 FLAKE 50g

1 Cornell & Diehl ADAGIO 2oz.

1 McClelland BLENDING PERIQUE 50g

1 Mac Baren HH ACADIAN PERIQUE 100g

OZCornell & Diehl Bulk PIRATE KAKE
    Amount: 4oz.

The ones I know and love already are Nightcap, Da Vinci, Mississippi Mud and the 1792. The others I'm trying for the first time based on reviews here and online. I'll be stalking the postman the next few days. Cheers all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

Great order, IMHO.
    I'm particularly interested in reading what you write about the Dunhill RY, which I happen to love.

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've been told the 1792 flake is fantastic, it's going to be on my next tobacco order also. The RY...most either love it or hate it, I love it, but can't describe it well so I don't bother trying, except to say that it's quite a flavor bomb.

What are you going to use the blending perique for, out of curiousity? I have about a half pound of it and like to smoke it by itself sometimes, but if you do that be sure you dry it pretty good before you do. When it shows up at your door it's very wet in the bag. It has a very intense, pungent, dark, spicy/peppery flavor. It's also fairly strong, but not so strong it can't be smoked by itself, despite some claims otherwise. Several years ago, for awhile there it was my all-day smoke, but I stopped that crap when I began to notice that everything else seemed bland and weak in comparison. Guess that just shows that humans can get used to nearly anything.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

I love the peppery tingle perique has given to blends like Nightcap. I plan on adding some to a few of the other blends just to see if I can spice them up a little. I also plan on one or two pure perique bowls just to join the club lol.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Congratulations on your first TAD order!

I use C&D Turkish Izmir as a blender in my blend of viginias Izmir (about 75%/25%). However, for me Perique is like black pepper on an egg -- a little goes a long way.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats on your order, very nice selection. 4noggins is a very good retailer.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. rlunderhill

rlunderhill

Login to Send PM

Always had fast service with 4noggins. They're always in my circle of suppliers. Excellent selection of tobacco.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've only ordered from 4Noggins once, but the guy was very knowledgeable and willing to help. Delivery was fast, too.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Rich is great. 4noggins is the only online vendor I use now, and have for quite some time.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   kiwicrusaders, fnord, beefeater33, sablebrush52, durham270